• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so in a 3 way tie for the AL WC....

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they rank the teams 1,2,3 and the team in 3rd would play one less game than the loser of the game between 1 vs 2. wtf! :noidea:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:confused:

I don't wanna think about it.

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they rank the teams 1,2,3 and the team in 3rd would play one less game than the loser of the game between 1 vs 2. wtf! :noidea:

Here is a little more info.

Tampa Bay would play at Cleveland on Monday, with the winner claiming one of the Wild Card spots. And then on Tuesday the loser of Monday’s game would play at Texas for the second Wild Card spot.

And if there’s a two-way tie for the second Wild Card spot–how boring, I know!–that game would be played Monday, to be hosted by the team that won the season series. That means Tampa Bay would host Cleveland, Texas would host Tampa Bay, and Cleveland would host Texas.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^That's crazy!

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^That's crazy!

And, here is a whole other wrinkle to consider.

The playoff-chasing Texas Rangers are now trying to beat the rain.
The starting time of Saturday's home game against the Los Angeles Angels has been moved up to 12:05 p.m., which would be the earliest start ever at Rangers Ballpark. The game had been scheduled for 8:05 p.m. ET

The forecast calls for moderate showers and thunderstorms in the area by early Saturday afternoon, increasing in intensity throughout the day.
Texas is still in the hunt for a wild-card spot and this is the last weekend of the regular season, so every game needs to be played.
The Rangers also would like to avoid the possibility of a doubleheader Sunday to end the regular season. They might have to play a wild-card tiebreaker game Monday.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, here is a whole other wrinkle to consider.

The playoff-chasing Texas Rangers are now trying to beat the rain.
The starting time of Saturday's home game against the Los Angeles Angels has been moved up to 12:05 p.m., which would be the earliest start ever at Rangers Ballpark. The game had been scheduled for 8:05 p.m. ET

The forecast calls for moderate showers and thunderstorms in the area by early Saturday afternoon, increasing in intensity throughout the day.
Texas is still in the hunt for a wild-card spot and this is the last weekend of the regular season, so every game needs to be played.
The Rangers also would like to avoid the possibility of a doubleheader Sunday to end the regular season. They might have to play a wild-card tiebreaker game Monday.

:pray: for doubleheader :D

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it makes sense. The third place team has one chance to win a game. The first and second place teams get two chances. It affects pitching for the team that loses the first game, but at least they can get there. I don't think a second place team would choose to swap with the third place team and have a one and done to get into the WC game.