• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So. has benson lost his job yet?

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How much better is the offense without that moron clogging up the backfield?

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs to be replaced, but unfortunately that guy isn't on the roster yet......

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His contract is up after this season, no?

He made some decent runs for positive yardage yesterday, but I couldn't help thinking that, man, there are some running backs we didn't make a play for that could have taken that to the house. Wish Scott, Peerman, or Leanord could step up and wow us and make Benson a second stringer, but it ain't happening soon.

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I mean.

Scott and Leonard. Thats it.

15 carries for Scott. 5-10 for BL and 5 for Benson.

I dont see how this is so hard.

Id also like to see split back sets with BOTH Leonard and scott.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott will fold up like an accordion with 15 carries a game....doubt if he lasts three weeks....but hey, the next tackle Benson breaks this year will be the first....running behind Andre Smith he got seven yards downfield before being touched multiple times, only to be tackled by the first defender he encountered.....the only thing Benson has going for him is durability.....so he's durable, and mediocre.....

Dr.Funke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just cause you can bang for hours doesnt mean youre good at fucking.

Last edited by a moderator:

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree he needs to go.....he's absolutely useless as a receiver, and he doesn't break tackles...on top of that he's a thug who will surely get in trouble again...that's one of the things that must be addressed this offseason.....He had five chances to go for 20+ yesterday, and the last one a better back would have taken to the house....

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's another case of a player who will sulk and be unhappy and cause a disruption if we don't feed him the ball. At this point, it would be an excellent idea to trade him for defensive help. Hall is gone for the season, Pac Man's health is suspect, lets do something that will help this team NOW.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can remember him beating his chest like "see, you need to give me the ball every play" after he went for 16 yards on the last drive and all the time I was just wondering why he couldn't have taken it to the house.......the fucking hole was big enough to drive a truck through...

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Scott should've gotten more looks yesterday. He's beginning to come around as a serviceable change of pace guy.

Leonard should be in for some 2-back sets, and especially in the games Gresham was out. We can't do Benson and Scott in 2-back sets because neither are great blockers in the pass game.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I can remember him beating his chest like "see, you need to give me the ball every play" after he went for 16 yards on the last drive and all the time I was just wondering why he couldn't have taken it to the house.......the fucking hole was big enough to drive a truck through...

I was getting ready to post that. He was clearly looking at the sideline and demonstrating that he should get it more.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was getting ready to post that. He was clearly looking at the sideline and demonstrating that he should get it more.

yea, we don't need that right now, that frickin' bad anyway.

please trade him for defense Bengals. The defense is/as the strength of this team, our offense will survive without Benson and we can turn around and draft his replacement next year.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, next time Benson breaks a downfield tackle, someone post on it just in case I missed it......I'll be surprised if that post comes anytime soon.....

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott should've gotten more looks yesterday. He's beginning to come around as a serviceable change of pace guy.

Leonard should be in for some 2-back sets, and especially in the games Gresham was out. We can't do Benson and Scott in 2-back sets because neither are great blockers in the pass game.

but benson picked up the blitz well on that td pass to gresham,,,, no benson block no td,,,,just adding some positive......enjoy it werent yall expected to lose like 10-14 games this year

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed Bone. He makes a few nice plays, but he's just not a good RB. We need a guy who can make a guy miss, or break a few tackles and run. Jason Snelling made a play on a reception last night where he took on 7 Saints tacklers and still scored. Benson doesn't have a prayer of making a play like that.