• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So all this talk a few weeks about possibly moving the SB to a diff day....

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Sunday will be a high of 49 and at kickoff it will be 42...This will not even go down as the coldest superbowl......Much adu about nothing

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now Sunday will be a high of 49 and at kickoff it will be 42...This will not even go down as the coldest superbowl......Much adu about nothing

True...but with two weeks between the conference championships and the SB, what else are we going to talk about? I think we've got our fill on threads about Manning and Sherman.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the past few months in the most brutal winter that I can ever remember, I could watch a game in 49 degree temps naked and probably be too warm.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks that way. It may still end up having 15-20 mph winds and I'm pretty sure by the time half time is done it will 10 degrees cooler. Still, doesn't look like weather will be a big factor. I'm not buying the "Manning can't play in the cold" for one second. He'll be fine. He'll be laying on his back most of the night looking up at Avril and Bennett but he'll be fine.
:suds:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad that the weather is supposed to be good. At the same time, I hope that the league realizes that it just caught a lucky break if the weather is in fact good. I think it's a dumb idea to play the SB outdoors in the North in February.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad that the weather is supposed to be good. At the same time, I hope that the league realizes that it just caught a lucky break if the weather is in fact good. I think it's a dumb idea to play the SB outdoors in the North in February.

If they're going to talk about moving the SB because of 15-20 degree weather then why even have a SB in a cold weather city. The only thing that should force to move the SB to a different day is a blizzard. Football is a cold weather sport so to see them talk about possibly moving the SB due to cold weather was a joke

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no way they were moving the Super Bowl, other then life threatening weather.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, looks like the weather won't be a factor, which we would guess is good news for Denver since we anticipate they will be throwing the ball more.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they're going to talk about moving the SB because of 15-20 degree weather then why even have a SB in a cold weather city. The only thing that should force to move the SB to a different day is a blizzard. Football is a cold weather sport so to see them talk about possibly moving the SB due to cold weather was a joke

Who was talking about moving it if it was 15-20 degrees?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no way they were moving the Super Bowl, other then life threatening weather.

Yep - I believe that the only reason to move it (which would have to be in a very extreme situation) would be severe weather that threatens not only the players but also the fans. This would include a monster blizzard or extreme lighting.

Since weather does not appear to be an issue for this SB - expect similar cities to host the SB in the future since it will just result in that many more $$ for the NFL. If this occurs - they probably won't be so lucky in the future.

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was talking about moving it if it was 15-20 degrees?

The league said they would only move the game if the weather became a safety issue for the fans and staff at Metlife.

It would have to be sever cold, wind and snow for that to happen. Like the -0 temps they had with the first arctic vortex.

Just glad that the weather will not be a deciding factor in the game, the players will decide it instead and the League got lucky the weather will be ok because it would have been a PR disaster.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have to admit, i was hoping for terrible weather so the league could get egg on it's face for this stupid idea

(and also out of pure jelly for those that get to go to the game :bawling:)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says that football is a cold weather sport? You might want to re-evaluate that saying. It's always been a fall sport. This doesn't necessarily mean COLD WEATHER SPORT. It means it's a sport that is played in weather anywhere from extremely warm early in the season to extremely cold at the end of the season, but most of the time the weather is just a slight chilly at most depending on the location of the game. Sure the sport has changed when they added roofed stadiums in the north more, but do you really think football was meant to be played on snow covered fields?