• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So… Brandon Marshall Practiced in Full Today

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am pretty damn confused.

The guy hasn't been able to walk without a limp for weeks, hasn't practiced, and then looks as gimpy and as ineffective as ever vs GB Sunday. In the post-game, Trestman indicates he thinks it may be time to give him a rest.

Then, today (Wednesday), the first practice of the week. Where generally any player that's even a tad hobbled sits out. He's out there in full action.

Well… alright then. I guess this is a good sign, but I don't know. I just think we actually may be able to win Sunday without him, and I much rather have him in full-health as we start to near November.

Da Coach

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Brandon Marshall ankle reminds of some of the stuff Paul Pierce used to pul with the Celtics. He'd hit the floor like someone shot him, get carted off and then come jogging back minutes later like nothing happened. While I absolutely love Marshall as a player, he seems like a bit of a drama queen right now with this ankle.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe this is why Trestman "called him out" post game.

Slippery slope with Marshall. He has been a great addition, kept his head straight, this can backfire big or be what this entire team needs.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm A-OK with him practicing in full if he's able to. When Marshall and Cutler are in rhythm with each other, they're very hard to stop. More reps is a good deal.

As far as the injury seriousness questioning goes... I can't help defend Marshall to the hilt. This guy works so hard to be a better player, a better person and to make his team better that I could cut him some slack on this. He's earned the benefit of the doubt with me... I'll take it at face value if he thinks he needs to see a trainer or if he thinks he's ready to go back into a game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Brandon Marshall ankle reminds of some of the stuff Paul Pierce used to pul with the Celtics. He'd hit the floor like someone shot him, get carted off and then come jogging back minutes later like nothing happened. While I absolutely love Marshall as a player, he seems like a bit of a drama queen right now with this ankle.

If you think he's being overdramatic about this injury, than I have to question whether you're watching or not.

He has 2 catches for 13 yards in the last two games, and has CLEARLY been limping EVERYWHERE on the field. It's so obvious he's hurting.

He's been overdramatic before, I agree. But not this time.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall's a beast, Pierce looks like he has never set foot in a gym.

Terrible comparison...sorry.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't that hard to comprehend really, you just cut off of the other ankle. Now granted it depends on how bad the ankle is, I slid into second base with my tow down, and blew out my ankle so bad the Dr said I would have been better off breaking it, wore a cast for 3 months. But, I've also twisted it, ran to the locker room, had it taped, ran back out onto the court and finished the basketball game.

We just don't know.