• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

snowmageddon.

ouendan1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello!

so for those of you who don't know, I live in Lansing, Michigan. I've lived in Michigan since I attended CMU back in 2010 and then coming back to Cali during summers. I'm now a permanent Michigan resident though since I've graduated and am working in Lansing.

If you've seen the news, I'm sure you've seen the brutal winter storm hitting the midwest and great lakes. Lansing was not spared in the slightest. We were hit with 14 inches of snow from Saturday night through early this Monday morning. Unfortunately my career of choice does not allow any time off for natural disasters. So I had to make my 1+ hour trek (it's normally about 15 minutes in normal weather) through unplowed to do my job. Which is to tell other people they don't need to come into work (I'm a news producer).

My car is NOT built for winter weather. It's a PT Cruiser that's about 5 inches off the ground. I had to be pushed twice both getting to work and getting back to my apartment.

Not sure how many of you have ever experienced this kind of snow. It's a hell of an adventure, especially if you have to travel in it.

Also tonight wind chills are expected to be -30, and I have to go into work again :D

/end rant!

tl;dr

getting to work is not fun when you have to drive through a foot of snow to get there.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up in Youngstown, OH from 1975-1986 so I fully remember those winters. Two words: no and thanks.

We would get hit with storms like that and the front door would be blocked by 4 feet of snow. Yours truly would be sent out with a shovel, snow blower and ice pick and make a path for the family. As you know, the driveways in the midwest are like 70 miles long so it was grueling in that weather with the wind chill. But on the plus side, we got snowed in a lot and school would be closed haha.

Try and stay warm and be safe, those roads will kill you. I do not miss them at all - I was in shorts and flip flops at a birthday party on Saturday in Anaheim Hills and although I am a midwestern kid still inside you could not pay me to go back to those conditions.

The four seasons are nice, but I don't miss those winters.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been living in Boston for 40 years and while the winters here usually aren't as bad as I expected when I came here we got the worst snowstorm in at least 10 years the a couple of days ago.

Man, am I ever ready for spring to arrive!