• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SNF: Giants @ Redskins (Week 13)

Mustard Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I do believe that we can do something next year. We just need to make the right moves and do some house cleaning. We also have to careful on who we send packing and who we keep. Haslett is the first to go!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our receivers lost this game. While the refs blew that call, Davis should have hung onto that pass. Way too many drops.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another way to lose. Smh.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 drops

and refs blow the call

The thing is that it should never have got to that pt. They scored 14 pts early in the game and then can only manage to score 3 (in spite of getting good field position after one turnover)? That is ridiculous. This team continues to find new ways to lose. I never have faith in this current team and always expect them to lose. Hopefully - they find ways to correct this next season. All options must be explored including coaches and players.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is that it should never have got to that pt. They scored 14 pts early in the game and then can only manage to score 3 (in spite of getting good field position after one turnover)? That is ridiculous. This team continues to find new ways to lose. I never have faith in this current team and always expect them to lose. Hopefully - they find ways to correct this next season. All options must be explored including coaches and players.

6 drops caused the offense to stall that is how it got to that point

the ref thing is bad luck

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 drops caused the offense to stall that is how it got to that point

the ref thing is bad luck

It goes well beyond that. They couldn't figure out how to handle Tuck, their running game (outside of scrambles by RG3) was ineffective, they had numerous penalties & their punt snapper blew it big time. Shanahan also had one of the dumbest challenges ever.

Oh well - when it rains it pours. Time to look ahead to next season & objectively figure out how to get this team back to their winning ways (since they are a million miles away at this time). It can be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mustard Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost like the players are giving up. Fred Davis drop, and gets up like "who cares" and then Garçon let's someone take the ball away from him to end the game. That looks like shutting it down to me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's almost like the players are giving up. Fred Davis drop, and gets up like "who cares" and then Garçon let's someone take the ball away from him to end the game. That looks like shutting it down to me.

the hole ending of the game was wrecked by drops fumbles and then the refs

Mustard Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just so frustrating when you know what's going to happen when you lose the lead. Any one of us could literally write the ending of the game when we sense that turning point. Once we lost the lead and then got the ball back, how many of us expected an answer.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is sad for Fred if that is the case. He really needed to show that he can play when he got the chance for his own good. He didn't show much last night while he could have made a case for himself.

It will be an interesting off season. I just don't have a feeling for what is going to happen with regard to coaches. I agree it is time for Haslett to go and Burns. They aren't the entire problem because as Shawn Springs said last night "this just isn't a good team."

Although I thought in a lot of ways Shanahan has this team pointed in the right direction his record he speaks for itself. The cap penalty has hurt a lot the past two years. I am not sure I am a big fan of the ZBS. I think I prefer a power line to what we have. That would mean a lot of new lineman though.

Griffin needs to learn as a player. He has the skills, his speed will come back. But he still has a lot to learn. A full off season should help a lot.

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Cousin's in...that will fix it all....lol

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,893.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
big win for the Giants but I think its a little too late

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is sad for Fred if that is the case. He really needed to show that he can play when he got the chance for his own good. He didn't show much last night while he could have made a case for himself.

It will be an interesting off season. I just don't have a feeling for what is going to happen with regard to coaches. I agree it is time for Haslett to go and Burns. They aren't the entire problem because as Shawn Springs said last night "this just isn't a good team."

Although I thought in a lot of ways Shanahan has this team pointed in the right direction his record he speaks for itself. The cap penalty has hurt a lot the past two years. I am not sure I am a big fan of the ZBS. I think I prefer a power line to what we have. That would mean a lot of new lineman though.

Griffin needs to learn as a player. He has the skills, his speed will come back. But he still has a lot to learn. A full off season should help a lot.

Read this quote from Doc Walker on another forum:

'This coaching staff doesn't have a feel for the game'.

I think that this is spot on. In spite of talent issues this team does appear to have their moments on both sides of the ball (and on ST on rare moments). However - it is never for the entire game & other teams have often made adjustments that ultimately lead to defeat.

Perhaps it is just perception, but I have not been seeing those type of adjustments very often by the Skins in any facet. Where are the coaching moves that could perhaps at least take advantage of whatever talent is on the field (this certainly should be possible for a basic area like blocking on punt/kick returns - which is an epic failure for this team)?

It just seems like they either dig a huge hole & play for meaningless pts late in the game or start out strong only to have the other team make counter moves that leave the Skins on the wrong side of the score at the end. Very frustrating.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal, this is a major issue with this coaching staff. Last night, the Giants defense adjusted at the half. They started loading the box with 6-8 and blitzing 5 to 6 on passing downs. We never counter adjusted. Why not a middle screen? let them bring max pressure up the middle. Let them through and then pop one over their heads with 3 linemen out in front. Do that 3 or 4 times and all of the sudden they get shy on the blitzing. But we keep trying that WR screen which worked earlier in the season, but everyone is now ready for it. Or a draw? All the OL has to do is shove the blitzers to one side and give it to Helu for a pop up the middle. The point is counter what they are doing. We never do this.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socal, this is a major issue with this coaching staff. Last night, the Giants defense adjusted at the half. They started loading the box with 6-8 and blitzing 5 to 6 on passing downs. We never counter adjusted. Why not a middle screen? let them bring max pressure up the middle. Let them through and then pop one over their heads with 3 linemen out in front. Do that 3 or 4 times and all of the sudden they get shy on the blitzing. But we keep trying that WR screen which worked earlier in the season, but everyone is now ready for it. Or a draw? All the OL has to do is shove the blitzers to one side and give it to Helu for a pop up the middle. The point is counter what they are doing. We never do this.

We really have no screens in our play book however, other teams screen us to death and often times, score on those screens. Just look back to the Denver and Philly games. The coaching staff is really where all the problems start. It's a trickle down affect and I believe it has convoluted the players to the point that they are not successful. Our first half last night we appeared to have some things going however, it was short lived because our old ugly self's showed up in the 2nd half on both sides of the ball and special teams. This is week in and week out. Trust me, this game may have sealed Mike's fait as Danny Boy will not take lightly losing to Mara in DC. A game we should have clearly won.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really have no screens in our play book however, other teams screen us to death and often times, score on those screens. Just look back to the Denver and Philly games. The coaching staff is really where all the problems start. It's a trickle down affect and I believe it has convoluted the players to the point that they are not successful. Our first half last night we appeared to have some things going however, it was short lived because our old ugly self's showed up in the 2nd half on both sides of the ball and special teams. This is week in and week out. Trust me, this game may have sealed Mike's fait as Danny Boy will not take lightly losing to Mara in DC. A game we should have clearly won.

Agree with everything said by you & j_y. Go back over all of the Redskins games this year. Most of the games consisted of either the team starting out flat & playing catch-up or the Redskins built a decent lead only to have the other team readjust and eventually win. Both of these point to coaching in a major way. Still on the fence on Mike Shanahan, but definitely believe that at least several asst coaches need to go.