• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SN predicts 10 best defenses in '14

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly, but we just signed key guys to long term deals

The issue will not be the key guys but how will next year hurt the depth with having to sign Wilson to a long-term deal? There are other key guys who are going to get paid one way or another. Happens to all good teams and is why it is so dang hard to stay on top in eventually your roster has too many stars but not enough money to pay them all. Obviously Seattle has drafted pretty well since Carroll took over so that helps but it doesn't mean every year he will have success. Everybody thought BB for the Patriots was this drafting genius yet over the last few years people have really started questioning his drafting methods as not as many hits have been coming through.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns should be pretty legit on D. Their offense could be a different story.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
9ers defense could go either way this season as their is a few unknown elements that could either be a big boost to them or hurt them.

There are a few young guys that could really bolster the defense like Tank Carradine and Jimmie Ward if they play up to their potential and you have a big unknow with Culliver if he can bounce back from injury strong.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually shocked by the absence of St. Louis here. But, I suppose everyone on it has their own legitimate shot, as well.

I am too. They are going to lead the league in sacks. I think they are gonna be a nightmare

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually shocked by the absence of St. Louis here. But, I suppose everyone on it has their own legitimate shot, as well.
I'm not. Afterall, we have PFF saying the Rams have the 2nd worst roster in the league. People aren't taking chances with these guesses in predicting the unknown. They are suggesting the unknown will fail and they are banking on the known staying the same.

Except with the Texans because Clowney.

Basically everyone is a hack and football needs to get here

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Denver does have a top five D, they will be hard to beat....JMHO.

The DeMarcus Ware signing is going to be huge for them if he can stay healthy. A lot of people thought he took a step back last season, when in reality, he was out there with multiple injuries that would have ended most guys seasons. He played the last month with one arm. If he is good to go, he and Von Miller should be able to pin their ears back and go after QB's when Manning gets them a quick lead. 12-14 sacks would be no surprise to me

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not. Afterall, we have PFF saying the Rams have the 2nd worst roster in the league. People aren't taking chances with these guesses in predicting the unknown. They are suggesting the unknown will fail and they are banking on the known staying the same.

Except with the Texans because Clowney.

Basically everyone is a hack and football needs to get here

I don't know about PFF, but I look at the Rams D this way...what if they traded for a healthy Geno Atkins? That would be one of those absurd, fantasy pairings with an already stout DL.....Except that's what a lot of GM's and scouts are calling Aaron Donald. If this kid is an Atkins or Warren Sapp, this DLine looks like the Reggie White/Jerome Brown DL to me. The last memory I have of that bunch was ragdolling our vaunted 90's Cowboys OL and sacking Troy Aikman 12 times in one game....

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns should be pretty legit on D. Their offense could be a different story.

To bad for the Browns fans that Gordon had to pull that BS. Right when their team looked like they were building momentum

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To bad for the Browns fans that Gordon had to pull that BS. Right when their team looked like they were building momentum

I'm not too worried about it. WRs can be replaced. The Browns desperately need Hoyer to build on the promise he showed before getting hurt last season or Manziel to perform. They are a decent QB away from being a 9+ win team.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too worried about it. WRs can be replaced. The Browns desperately need Hoyer to build on the promise he showed before getting hurt last season or Manziel to perform. They are a decent QB away from being a 9+ win team.

I like Hoyer, but if the Browns start out 1-3, 2-4, it's gonna be hard to keep Manziel out, for better or worse

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could Cincinnati not be on the list? Ridiculous to say the least.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree::whistle:

Remember when some of you tards thought Tampa belonged on this list?

Its cool you agree with your own post. I dont think anyone wrote that Tampa belonged on the list, and that they were prob on there because Lovie and his crew are usually known for their defenses

Yeah Cinci looks like the real deal this year

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cincinnati has had a pretty damn good defense for 4 of the past 5 years, and are off to another dominating start this year.

2009 - 4th in total defense
2010 - 15th in total defense
2011 - 7th in total defense
2012 - 6th in total defense
2013 - 3rd in total defense

Lemon Harang Pie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO jumped over SF? Not sure I'm buying that, but won't bitch about it either.

It's probably more accurate to say SF fell behind NO but there probably isn't a substantial difference between most of these defenses anyway.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cincy not being on the list is fairly egregious.