• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smyl(y), you're on Candid Camera!

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over/Under on Porcello starts before Smyly gets the rotation spot? -- 1.5 --

Can anyone understand why this isn't a done deal yet? Are the Tigers still dreaming about getting any value in a Porcello trade?

The same can be said about Cashner, who "should" become the ace for the Padres with the Ross injury... I'm sure the Padres are trying to have Cashner, the starter, in September and beyond, so limiting his innings early makes sense, but I don't see the benefit in 1.2 innings every three days, so maybe the "forced" insertion of Cashner in their rotation will just shock them back to reality, which is, what does September matter for the Padres anyway?

accidentally put this in the football forums... just getting used to driving here, :)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the under on Porcello. Tigers getting antsy all around.

Valverde or Rondon down the road?

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the under on Porcello. Tigers getting antsy all around.

Valverde or Rondon down the road?

How long of a road, a.k.a, just this year, or, long term.

IMO, Papa Grande is back with the Tigers this year, and sooner than later. If he actually closes though,....?

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long of a road, a.k.a, just this year, or, long term.

IMO, Papa Grande is back with the Tigers this year, and sooner than later. If he actually closes though,....?

And Rondon is back even sooner, with the same question...:scratch:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKOSpikes
Over/Under on Porcello starts before Smyly gets the rotation spot? -- 1.5 --

Can anyone understand why this isn't a done deal yet? Are the Tigers still dreaming about getting any value in a Porcello trade?

The same can be said about Cashner, who "should" become the ace for the Padres with the Ross injury... I'm sure the Padres are trying to have Cashner, the starter, in September and beyond, so limiting his innings early makes sense, but I don't see the benefit in 1.2 innings every three days, so maybe the "forced" insertion of Cashner in their rotation will just shock them back to reality, which is, what does September matter for the Padres anyway?

Hoping for the under! I know it's early in the season but I have been at least 2 step behind you guys on the wire and if this guy pans out that would be my first "really good" pick up IMO. Zito and Reynolds look to be solid pick ups right now but there was no forsight there, just luck........with that said now dude will bust!
Sam

BigDDude

I live again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K. I see Rondon back now. So, I can see him getting the closers spot soon, if not from the get go. That said, I am not sure he is ready for the job. Hence my feeling that Valverde will also get the call, and will push him for the job this year.

That said, Rondon seems to have the physical skills for the job. I think time will show if he has the head and guts for the job to be their closer long term.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O.K. I see Rondon back now. So, I can see him getting the closers spot soon, if not from the get go. That said, I am not sure he is ready for the job. Hence my feeling that Valverde will also get the call, and will push him for the job this year.

That said, Rondon seems to have the physical skills for the job. I think time will show if he has the head and guts for the job to be their closer long term.
What the hell, I picked him up in our league. Let's see if he and Papa engage in a little shoot-out. :noidea:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call on Rondon... just picked him up in one league (10x10, H2H) where I only have Parnell. (Valverde on the bench, and Jake McGee too (there are holds).

I think the job will be Valverde's to lose though...unless Rondon somehow finds himself closing right away and takes advantage.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call on Rondon... just picked him up in one league (10x10, H2H) where I only have Parnell. (Valverde on the bench, and Jake McGee too (there are holds).

I think the job will be Valverde's to lose though...unless Rondon somehow finds himself closing right away and takes advantage.

And in related news, the Tigers just called up Valverde...let the games begin! :yahoo:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Leyland names Valverde closer.
(adios Benoit)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe the Tigers are getting ready to pull the trigger on a trade...bullpen seems a bit cluttered all of a sudden.

Papa: It's yours to lose...let's go on another roller coaster ride!! :fencing:

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, one thing about Leyland is that you can never believe a thing he says

And another thing: What he says/does is usually the wrong choice.

(thus, I'm buying Valverde is their closer....I was begging them to trade Porcello during his "breakout" spring...I was scared this day would in fact come)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to take a shot. Hard to see Porcello continuing to start. Then again, my shot with Rondon didn't work out too well, so who knows? :noidea:

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm the only one here that doesn't want Smyly to become a starter. My keeper league counts holds & Smyly is the only worthy RP out there that qualifies for SP.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'm the only one here that doesn't want Smyly to become a starter. My keeper league counts holds & Smyly is the only worthy RP out there that qualifies for SP.

Speaking of holds, this kid Shawn Kelley looks like he has some pretty nasty stuff. From what I saw last night, anyway.