• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smoak staying in Tacoma

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the radio broadcast yesterday that they optioned Smoak to stay in Tacoma since Logan is playing ok and hitting ok, interesting, I wonder if they do try and package him with someone else at the deadline....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard on the radio broadcast yesterday that they optioned Smoak to stay in Tacoma since Logan is playing ok and hitting ok, interesting, I wonder if they do try and package him with someone else at the deadline....

At this point, trading him is probably the best option. The M's probably won't get much for him, but that's how it goes. It sucks cause for the life of me there doesn't seem to be any reason that he hasn't improved over the last 4 years. He's got a good eye, doesn't strike out as much as his BA would suggest he does, but it just seems that he is always trying to be that 40+ HR guy that people expected when he came here. It really sucks, he started out the season doing pretty good, but then he fell back into his swing for the fences crap, followed by trying too hard to hit it the other way to defeat the shift. What a waste of a lot of talent...

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smoak is frustrating. He has these spurts of great hitting. He just cannot stay consistent. He has had some very valuable at bats for the Mariners this season.

With LoMo hitting well right now it makes sense to leave Smoak in AAA. I have almost zero confidence that Morrison can continue hitting at level he is at. Hitting .300 over the last 10 games.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the m's organization is just not good at developing hitters. johnson's a good hire, but there's only so much he can do after years of the talent being mishandled by incompetent staff. i'm as happy as anybody that we're in the playoff mix, but it's still something you can't escape.

i'm betting that if smoak gets traded to a competent organization, he'll spend some time in their minor league system, and then come up and do very well for them.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the m's organization is just not good at developing hitters. johnson's a good hire, but there's only so much he can do after years of the talent being mishandled by incompetent staff. i'm as happy as anybody that we're in the playoff mix, but it's still something you can't escape.

i'm betting that if smoak gets traded to a competent organization, he'll spend some time in their minor league system, and then come up and do very well for them.

:agree:

Which makes me wonder if there gonna let him sit down there for a couple of months to give him that one last chance to get this thing dialed in? It's not gonna cost them anything, they got Morrison producing and playing alright at 1st base....

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I'm concerned Smoak and Ackley should both be gone from the team forever. Both of them have wasted too many chances.

Both blow chunks for months at a time, then go on these little streaks (look at Ackley right now for that example) that make people think they finally get it. Then go right back into chunk blowing mode.

Smoak might have a little bit of trade value being a good with his D at first base and a switch hitter, someone might take a chance on him and hope they can fix the barn sized holes in his swing.

Ackley wouldn't make it as a bench player on any other team in baseball.