• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

smarg

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the espn boards are almost worthless as this board but i'll reach out here anyway for some sox talk.

does anyone of the 4 of you foresee the sox signing this loser? he certainly will not get anywhere near what he had hoped to get on the open market and so i have this fear that the sox may try to keep him .... cause ... you know ..... that loyalty thing the sox operate their business by.
i am convinced the sox asked for too much at the trade deadline and that's why we're now stuck with him. the sox always over-estimate the value of their players, don't they? they had a chance and, once again, they blew it big time. i see KW written all over it.

and from what i've read, the sox will come back next year with the same idiot for a manager because .. you know ... that loyalty thing. is there another baseball team this stupid? i'm doubting it.

once again we'll have some strengths but i see question marks still at catcher, 3rd, 2nd, ss, dh and of course management (all of em).

it's a very bad time to be a sox fan.

reinsdork .... won't you please hear my plea? SELL THIS TEAM!

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they will offer him the qualifying offer of the 1 yr deal. he has been awful and he apparently doesn't get along with cooper. hopefully he turns it down and we get a first rd when someone signs him

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox were in a weird position the day the trade deadline ended. They were 49-50 and 1.5 games back of the wild card, and coming off a 7 game win streak. There were actually discussions of them buying. I think they just completely crumbled not knowing what to do. If they wanted to get something for Samardzija, they easily could have.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sox were in a weird position the day the trade deadline ended. They were 49-50 and 1.5 games back of the wild card, and coming off a 7 game win streak. There were actually discussions of them buying. I think they just completely crumbled not knowing what to do. If they wanted to get something for Samardzija, they easily could have.

it was pretty clear to me what they should have done. that 7 game streak was against the 2 worst teams in the league and should NOT have suggested the sox were suddenly contenders. the brass just could not believe they failed at putting as contender together and they wanted it so bad they ignored reality. they should have moved both smarg AND ramirez (i am convinced they tried to get too much for these losers). now they will get nothing for either of them.
next year will be more of the same .... count on it!

stupid owner ... stupid vp ... stupid gm ... and inept manager .... what a great combination.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was pretty clear to me what they should have done. that 7 game streak was against the 2 worst teams in the league and should NOT have suggested the sox were suddenly contenders. the brass just could not believe they failed at putting as contender together and they wanted it so bad they ignored reality. they should have moved both smarg AND ramirez (i am convinced they tried to get too much for these losers). now they will get nothing for either of them.
next year will be more of the same .... count on it.

I agree, completely and totally. Brass wanted to believe the team was finally coming together, when everything that acutally dealt with reality said... move Shark and Alexei. They stalled. A complete failure upon their part.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, completely and totally. Brass wanted to believe the team was finally coming together, when everything that acutally dealt with reality said... move Shark and Alexei. They stalled. A complete failure upon their part.

there was no market for Alexei and they thought a first rd compensation pick was worth more than what they were going to get for samardjia. it backfired but I don't see it as a major blunder. the sox need to give Hahn the keys to this team though.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there was no market for Alexei and they thought a first rd compensation pick was worth more than what they were going to get for samardjia. it backfired but I don't see it as a major blunder. the sox need to give Hahn the keys to this team though.

i'd like to know how you 'know' there was no market for alexei.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd like to know how you 'know' there was no market for alexei.

from what was reported on the radio on both the score and espn. do u really think they were going to get anything worthwhile for a guy batting 220 at the time with no power and playing a shitty shortstop'?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
from what was reported on the radio on both the score and espn. do u really think they were going to get anything worthwhile for a guy batting 220 at the time with no power and playing a shitty shortstop'?

absolutely! this happens all the time! the guy is having an off year but the FACT is he's been considered one of the best ss's in the al for a number of years. this is (was) the perfect time for some team to get him. on top of this ... he is relatively cheap to get without a long term weight around their necks. there were teams in the hunt with poor ss's and yes, he'd have been very welcome on those teams.

i don't believe for one minute there wasn't interest in getting him.