• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Slive or Emmert?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the recent SEC Media days, SEC Commissioner Mike Slive talked about significant change that was needed in college football.

Slive talks autonomy in opening statement at SEC Media Days - Aggie Sports: Football

In a nutshell Slive was calling for the Power 5 to separate from the rest of college football and form their own league.

Sounds great.

Back in 2011, NCAA President Mark Emmert made the following statement:

“The huge financial differences across Division I make it very hard to create ‘one-size-fits-all rules,’” Emmert said. In order to address the real issues in front of us I believe we have to be more flexible and aggressive, while recognizing the different needs of our members and the financial situations they face.”

3 years earlier, the much malinged NCAA President gave forth the reality. And regardless of what he says, or ever says, he will always be wrong. For 3 years he was wrong until SEC Commissioner Mike Slive stepped to the mic at the SEC Media Days and while agreeing with Emmert's hopes and dreams 3 years earlier, threw him completely under the tectonic plate of hell while talking Emmert's vision and making it his own.. 3 years later. All the while discrediting the NCAA and Emmert all along his SEC media days statement.

Don't kid yourselves, Mike Slive and Jim Delany can play the game. And they play it well. Very very well.

Fuck, it don't matter. The NCAA sucks. The 60 or so relevant teams should band together and form their own division and hire.....

Either way, where do you see major college football moving forward for the next 20 years?

Last edited by a moderator:

tech_iceman

#winning
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would teams still be able to schedule cupcakes?

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slive he isn't alone Delany agrees with him and whatever those two decide together typically happens at some point.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the recent SEC Media days, SEC Commissioner Mike Slive talked about significant change that was needed in college football.

Slive talks autonomy in opening statement at SEC Media Days - Aggie Sports: Football

In a nutshell Slive was calling for the Power 5 to separate from the rest of college football and form their own league.
Either way, where do you see major college football moving forward for the next 20 years?

I think the NCAA can move forward but not with the current buffoon Mark Emmert at the helm. I can't imagine how he has lasted as long as he has.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is better than the ineffective, biased, nepotistic Emmert. He is equivalent to having Kim Kardashian at the top. Of the two, I would take Emmert, but not by much.

In other words, give me the breakaway and dump the ineffective, toothless tiger known as the NCAA and Emmert.

Emmert reminds me a lot of Dan Nero Beebe.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NCAA can move forward but not with the current buffoon Mark Emmert at the helm. I can't imagine how he has lasted as long as he has.

Yea I wish the som bitch would join his bed buddy Paul Dees

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying this for a while. There is absolutely zero chance 120+ teams have a legitimate chance of competing for a title. You reform it into a league of 60 teams and the strength of schedule increases dramatically across the board too.