• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

skins sign og mike mcglynn

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would anyone want to keep the line from 13? Of course the line needed to be upgraded. The weakest point of our line was the interior. It has to be changed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mcglynn has played center and guard , he was a good center in philly and with the colts when they slotted him there late in the year . for the right price it could be good be we arent talking about a world beatesr in either lavou or mcglynn but both in tandem could be upgrades

shark my question for you is there anyplace you want an upgrade ? we had 4 below avg performers in the o/line last season

in year one of gruden i would expect o/line continuity problems at the beginning . fact is we needed 4 new o/lineman

Dude IM fine with upgrading. How ever Im a firm believer in the whole concept of starting from scratch all over takes twice as long in most cases. You assume we need four new lineman, and that anything we plug in would be better. Which shocks me a little because any one that has worked in a team environment of any kind would know that if you start a project and everyone is new, it usually does take twice as long to get things right. We had a top five rushing attack, no one seems to care that we might be sacrificing a strength to try and protect a weakness.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's usually about continuity Shark; however, our interior OL last season was incapable of passing off blocks...so really our problem last season was continuity.

I'd say it's better to start all over on the OL when a new system comes in rather than sit and wait. I'm sure there will be growing pains but it will get better quicker this way.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offensive system is different this year. If it was the same system as last year then you have a point. The top 5 rushing attack had a lot to do with RG3. cmon Shark. Are you saying the 2013 interior line were good run blockers? lol.

Gruden obviously agrees b/c he made a FA guard one of his top priorities and was signed the first day of FA. If he feels that Chester or Polumbus don't fit his system then Filo, Yankey, and Moses become huge names when we pick.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's usually about continuity Shark; however, our interior OL last season was incapable of passing off blocks...so really our problem last season was continuity.

I'd say it's better to start all over on the OL when a new system comes in rather than sit and wait. I'm sure there will be growing pains but it will get better quicker this way.

GK... got to disagree a little here. I agree we needed to upgrade the interior of the line. But whole sale change in the middle of a system change. Part of what makes a good O-line is guys knowing what to expect from the guy next to them. Case in point, Dallas line from last year and the year before. Everyone though that line was garbage in 2012 and laughed that they would keep Free. Enter a new line coach, and one simple change (the Center) and all of a sudden their line is considered a strength of the team. I think alot of people are just in the screw it change everything mode after last year, which I can see why to a degree. But I think our problems on the line were not always on the line to begin with.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember i said the o/line was better then we thought early in the year . then they showed their true colors

this is going to be a long process as far as a rebuild . might as well understand that up front

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GK... got to disagree a little here. I agree we needed to upgrade the interior of the line. But whole sale change in the middle of a system change. Part of what makes a good O-line is guys knowing what to expect from the guy next to them. Case in point, Dallas line from last year and the year before. Everyone though that line was garbage in 2012 and laughed that they would keep Free. Enter a new line coach, and one simple change (the Center) and all of a sudden their line is considered a strength of the team. I think alot of people are just in the screw it change everything mode after last year, which I can see why to a degree. But I think our problems on the line were not always on the line to begin with.

But they didn't know what to expect from the other guys. We had the worst stunt pick up I have ever seen.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like someone who has knowledge of the game has finally convinced others in the organization that games are won and loss at the line of scrimmage (both sides). The up-coming camp is going to be one where you step up or get left behind. Look for consistent up-grades from here out....finally!!!!

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many sacks have mcglynn and'luvo gave up does any body know

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while monty, chester, and litch knew each other well and were good at run blocking in the zone scheme, they were small and gruden needs gruden players, monty chester and litch simply dont fit the system as well anymore. ditching everyone seems like a terrible idea but gruden likes bigger dudes so it has to be done.
good signing

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooleys take on McGlynn yesterday evening. He likes him more than Lauvao. He is not sure where Gruden might slot him but thought the possibility he would go to center. Lauvao would stay at LG and Chester at RG. He said remember "Gruden said he wants more size." Key note, he played for Gruden previously.

It will all play out in camp.