• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins in talks with Moss to resign

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he doesn't play special teams unless he becomes a returner. He just ruins the growth of other young WR if he is brought back. If he takes the vet minimum to become our returner there is hope but that is doubtful.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he doesn't play special teams unless he becomes a returner. He just ruins the growth of other young WR if he is brought back. If he takes the vet minimum to become our returner there is hope but that is doubtful.

ruining the growth of younger wrs is a myth . younger wrs need to take the snaps from moss , not have it handed to them

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th and 6th WRs need to play STs.

He doesn't have the ability to be a KR/PR anymore.

Veterans such as Moss cost much more than a comparable young backup because of name alone.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Veterans such as Moss cost much more than a comparable young backup because of name alone.

and if that proves to be the case then he will price himself out of a job . my feeling is the skins will bring him into camp and have him lose the position on the field in which case he will be cut

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss will get something for showing up. That's not money well spent.

Sorry dude, have to disagree. If Robinson, Hankerson and Briscoe couldn't out perform Moss and EARN playing time, you dont just hand it to them in hopes that it will develop them more. As much as Moss lost a step last year, none of these guys out played him. You dont decide not to resign Moss because you some how think it will limit the younger WRs on the team. You sign him if he can help your offense. And if he gets out played by the young guys then so be it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus his veteran minimum is twice the rookie minimum.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hankerson was getting the PT. He was injured.

True, but Robinson, Briscoe and any one else wasnt. Thats rather telling considering WR was a supposed weakness of this team. And you cant say its Shanahan playing favorites in resigning Moss. Some one obviously can see some value in bringing him back. And I think the fact that he was #2 on the team in receiving as far as WRs goes is more telling than any thing.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but Robinson, Briscoe and any one else wasnt. Thats rather telling considering WR was a supposed weakness of this team. And you cant say its Shanahan playing favorites in resigning Moss. Some one obviously can see some value in bringing him back. And I think the fact that he was #2 on the team in receiving as far as WRs goes is more telling than any thing.

Moss was primarily in the slot. Robinson was a backup on the outside. Briscoe was never active and sucks.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moss was primarily in the slot. Robinson was a backup on the outside. Briscoe was never active and sucks.

Exactly.. so whats your problem with resigning him?? You dont seriously think he is going to get a huge deal even if they do resign him. Resigning Moss MIGHT and I stress the word might, allow us to NOT have to reach in the draft. He has a relationship with our "franchise" QB (and I use those words loosely). Hankerson is coming back from injury, and no one else on the team did squat. So bringing Moss back is likely a good idea actually.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.. so whats your problem with resigning him?? You dont seriously think he is going to get a huge deal even if they do resign him. Resigning Moss MIGHT and I stress the word might, allow us to NOT have to reach in the draft. He has a relationship with our "franchise" QB (and I use those words loosely). Hankerson is coming back from injury, and no one else on the team did squat. So bringing Moss back is likely a good idea actually.

There will be cheaper options for the slot than Moss. A relationship sucks if the player can't catch.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There are cheaper options for the slot than Moss. A relationship with the QB doesn't help if the player can't catch.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt we will find any one cheaper in FA. Moss won't get much more than the vet minimum at this point. I'm ambivalent about us signing him. If we do, just make sure there is no guaranteed money so that if we cut him, no penalty.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are cheaper options for the slot than Moss. A relationship with the QB doesn't help if the player can't catch.

Being younger and or cheaper doesnt help if you cant produce. And odds are even if we resign Moss, we will bring in some other WRs as well. So I really dont see the big deal as to why this is such a horrible move.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, if he comes in and contributes, so what if there is guaranteed money involved?? I would rather give Moss $1 million guaranteed and keep him on roster than waste half that on a rookie 7th rounder that never sets foot on the field all season.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league minimum for a vet of his tenure is around $950K. He may make more than $1M, but it will only be because he achieves performance bonuses. My guess is he doesn't even make the team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The league minimum for a vet of his tenure is around $950K. He may make more than $1M, but it will only be because he achieves performance bonuses. My guess is he doesn't even make the team.

:agree:

sign him , bring him in and if he gets beat out , he gets beat out but under no circumstances do you not make those young wrs earn the snaps

talk all you want about moss GK , but so far , no one has taken the job from him and they need to TAKE the job from him