• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins @ Cows pregame thread

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6lehaBcHpU]Chris Paul Redskins Remix: "I Hate Dallas" - YouTube[/ame]

75123_10100764852781075_351532964_n.jpg

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is clutch

A4OYn1_CEAAeSbt.jpg:large

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DALLAS WEEK!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: Gonna be a lot of jawing this week! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DALLAS WEEK!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: Gonna be a lot of jawing this week! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Even tho Griffin looks like a wounded chicken out there I'm trying to remain optimistic. Week 6 is deff a statement game IF there are going to be any post season aspirations in 2013.

Hate to say after 6 weeks that we're already talking free agents and what to do next season.

If the Griffin of 2012 shows up in Dallas next week we could all be going to bed with smiles on our faces with dreams of Seahawk playoff rematches.

But seriously, have either Dallas or DC improved, either with FA or through the draft, since the last time we played ? When it comes to difference makers, the roster look the same to me.

Only difference to me is if Griffin remains the game changer he was in 2012...

hopefully by week 6 he's been given enough time to knock off the rust & find his 2012 form ... & lead us to not only a victory but the lead of the NFC East.

HTTR

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even tho Griffin looks like a wounded chicken out there I'm trying to remain optimistic. Week 6 is deff a statement game IF there are going to be any post season aspirations in 2013.

Hate to say after 6 weeks that we're already talking free agents and what to do next season.

If the Griffin of 2012 shows up in Dallas next week we could all be going to bed with smiles on our faces with dreams of Seahawk playoff rematches.

But seriously, have either Dallas or DC improved, either with FA or through the draft, since the last time we played ? When it comes to difference makers, the roster look the same to me.

Only difference to me is if Griffin remains the game changer he was in 2012...

hopefully by week 6 he's been given enough time to knock off the rust & find his 2012 form ... & lead us to not only a victory but the lead of the NFC East.

HTTR

Lol @ wounded chicken... Funny visual... I think we've got a GOOD shot at Dallas next week. I agree with ya about Griff. Critical he has a good game and makes smart decisions. Good news is that we've seen pretty consistent improvement from him.

We've got to be able to RUN the ball as well. Morris and Helu need to be ready to ball. Play action and mobile pocket. Someone other than Garcon HAS to step up.

Our D just needs to keep us in the game. I dont count on spectacular play but id love to see Hall get another interception....And we need our pass rush to step up and have another great game.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reality check,

We are 1-3 going on the road to play a team that is 2-3 and just lost their last two. Not really stressed over this game as I saw two teams with suspect defenses in Dallas today. And shocker, I expect to see two teams with suspect defenses in Dallas next week. But rested, coming off the bye, with two weeks to prepare a game plan... I think we got more than a pretty good shot at this one.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling we are gonna come out blazing and whip Dallas after this bye week it gave us time to game plan and get healthy plus we have some players coming back from suspension

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Krush, thanks for all the video posts and assorted stuff. Wish I knew how to edit them on here, still lame at doing stuff like that...

Think it's time for a you tube clip of our sweep of Dallas last year to pump us up if anyone knows how to do that.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These posts over on extreme skins got me all fired up!!! Thought I'd share. IT'S DALLAS WEEK!!!!
Go Skins!

KingGibbs, on 07 Oct 2013 - 04:12 AM, said:
Meh. There was a time when the hatred towards Dallas and the excitement leading up to the game was genuine. Now it's manufactured and*force fed.* It just isn't the same anymore.
Don't get me wrong (some of you will) I love beating Dallas, but until the 'skins and 'boys can get back to prominence and become playoff contenders on a consistent basis this "rivalry" has lost it's luster.

Wake up feeling a bit dodgy? *Lost its luster? force fed? *What are you going on about? *This game should fire you up, your complete dislike for Dallas should be screaming through your veins (especially this week). *It's a rivalry, *and a grand one at that. *Nowhere in the definition of rivalry does it state that both teams have to be consistent playoff contenders. *The beauty of a rivalry is that no matter what record, no matter what talent, no matter what year, and no matter what day, the complete and utter disdain for an opponent is there. *This, my friend, is the case with Dallas. *If playing Dallas gets you no more excited than playing Minnesota, then I feel for you. *If seeing that silver helmet being buried into the ground gets you no more fired up than a Chargers one, then I feel for you. *If watching Romo walk off the field with his head down gives you no more pleasure than Matt Flynn doing the same, then I feel for you.
Our grandfathers and fathers and mothers and sisters and brothers and friends have guided us down this path of contempt for that franchise down there in Dallas and we should be oh so thankful. *We should carry on and emulate the excitement, the anxiousness, and furor that was instilled in us. *We have borne witness to some of the most joyous of wins (1983 NFC Chamiponship game, Nick Novak's *game winning FG with no time left in 2006, Santana Moss' two touchdown grab from Brunell late in the 4th on Monday Night in 2005, Cooley's complete dismantling of Dallas near Christmas later that year, the final game at RFK, Danny Copeland's fumble recovery, Thanksgiving last year and the game that won us the division for the first time since 1999) and some of the most disheartening of losses (Aikman to Ismail in OT 1999, Getting destroyed by 35 day after Christmas 1993, losing the day Monk and Green were honored for the HOF, the 11 game losing streak, Being excited by Grossman's comeback only for him to throw that late pick in 2010). *To exclaim that this game only matters if we are an elite, consistent, playoff team is to demean the effort, the passion, and fortitude put forward by all the players who wore the Burgundy and Gold in years past.
These were some of the greatest games and worst games, and yet they mattered not what our record was. *It mattered not who our coach was, who our QB was, or where our stadium was. *We were playing Dallas. *WE ARE PLAYING DALLAS. *There is a time to be awakened, There is a time for momentum to build, and there is a time to stand your ground behind your football club. The week is Dallas, The game is Sunday.
Hail to the Redskins, Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath, Fight for Ol' DC!
Run or Pass and Score, we want a lot more
Beat 'em Swamp 'em touchdown, let the points soar!
Fight on, Fight on til you have won
Sons of Wash-ing-ton Rah Rah Rah!
Hail to the Redskins, Hail Victory!
Braves on the Warpath, Fight for Ol' DC!

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. Wish I knew how to edit them on here, still lame at doing stuff like that...

1. Once you find the video you want copy the URL from the address bar.
2. Select "insert link" option & paste URL into pop-up window when you're ready to make new post.
3. It will appear as text ... but when you save it turns into a video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WASHINGTON REDSKINS VS DALLAS COWBOYS WEEK 6 by ROBVANDAM72 http://fb.me/2o8wpOj1M

has to be a youtube video (or similar service) to be linked tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BWEb_6ECIAEikcX.png

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is about to get an ass kicking. Fuck em

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sup Shark

Just to throw in my two cents on the game ........
Had we beat Denver this past weekend ... I was gonna be worried going into this game. Cowboys are up and down so bad I knew we would throw all in against Denver. If we won There was a 50-50 we would have dead in the water this week vs the skins.

However coming close and losing .... I feel ALOT better going into this game.
Several reasons.....
1 Don't think the Cowboys lose 3 straight.
2. Both our secondaries suck ..... If this goes to a shoot out Cowboys win. ( I don't think yall can argue that)
3. Kyle isn't letting RG3 be RG3
4 I think for yall to win yall have to run the ball. Dallas is 7th? In run defense (I didn't check but I think that is what it is) I don't think the run will be good enough to make up for the lack of RG3 running ( Which I think is the difference in your team this year on offense. Him running makes defenses play yall different)

All said and done ... It likely comes down to whose secondary is worse........ Which they both suck pretty damn bad currently

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sup Shark

Just to throw in my two cents on the game ........
Had we beat Denver this past weekend ... I was gonna be worried going into this game. Cowboys are up and down so bad I knew we would throw all in against Denver. If we won There was a 50-50 we would have dead in the water this week vs the skins.

However coming close and losing .... I feel ALOT better going into this game.
Several reasons.....
1 Don't think the Cowboys lose 3 straight.
2. Both our secondaries suck ..... If this goes to a shoot out Cowboys win. ( I don't think yall can argue that)
3. Kyle isn't letting RG3 be RG3
4 I think for yall to win yall have to run the ball. Dallas is 7th? In run defense (I didn't check but I think that is what it is) I don't think the run will be good enough to make up for the lack of RG3 running ( Which I think is the difference in your team this year on offense. Him running makes defenses play yall different)

All said and done ... It likely comes down to whose secondary is worse........ Which they both suck pretty damn bad currently

Twist, all the reasons you listed are very valid and I can understand exactly why you feel better about Dallas going into this game.

However, I don't think you can underestimate the fact that these divisions games often end up with surprising outcomes, given how well our teams know each other. Shark mentioned us coming off a bye week, pretty healthy and very motivated to win. That's a definite plus for us, that should be factored in.

I totally agree about our ability to RUN the ball being a critical point in a win for the Skins. I suspect Griff will be more mobile than we've seen yet this season. Will it be enough? That's the question.

Whose secondary sucks the least will be a huge factor, but I would add special teams which have been pretty horrific for both our teams as well. Also, Turnovers, which in my mind will be the crucial tale of who wins this game.