• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Since it's the slow season

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He dont play, and is so intense. Love the addition for now.

Seems he has deep respect for our O. And a good knowledge of our team, D-wise. But like he said. We're 2-3 players away.
I think that's what I heard.:lol:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 yrs and never won a game in Soldier.............He`s finally gonna get one. :suds:

I really like our chances for a SB run now more than I did when the season ended.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems he has deep respect for our O. And a good knowledge of our team, D-wise. But like he said. We're 2-3 players away.
I think that's what I heard.:lol:

Imagine how demeaning it has been to play defense, and get stops, and then just have your offense give the ball back, time after time. Defenders play harder when they know they have an offense that will do something when they get them the ball.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, it seems we've really improved up front, particularly depth-wise.

I wouldn't mind seeing em' bring back Daniel Manning, but I think Conte and Wright's play AND confidence will/would improve greatly with better play from the front 7.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ratliff having a full offseason and improved health should help and with the addition of Houston up front...I could see us getting back to being a top run D.

Can't be any worse than last year. That was easily the worst run defense I have ever seen in Blue and Orange.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh, he sounds excited to be a Bear. Good for him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that I'm starting to REALLY like the way this team is shaping up.

Man... just please let us stay healthy on both sides of the ball for one full season. All I really ask. These next two years, the window is very open for us. IMO

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper, it seems we've really improved up front, particularly depth-wise.

I wouldn't mind seeing em' bring back Daniel Manning, but I think Conte and Wright's play AND confidence will/would improve greatly with better play from the front 7.

Me too. I heard rumblings about Wright going to Tampa. Has a scheduled visit. No big loss.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Man... just please let us stay healthy on both sides of the ball for one full season. All I really ask. These next two years, the window is very open for us. IMO

Don't hate it :lol:
Just wish for a free safety that can play.
Yeah, health is always a concern. Just wonder how much losing I believe they called him Rusty Jones, added to the injuries? Seems they were always a pretty healthy team, when he was in charge of the strength & conditioning program. He's gone 1 yr. And we get hit like the plague. Coincidence?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine how demeaning it has been to play defense, and get stops, and then just have your offense give the ball back, time after time. Defenders play harder when they know they have an offense that will do something when they get them the ball.

You could really get tired of that shit.
I hope he helps makes the grass greener on the other side.:suds:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My fears too Rich. It just seems like lately the Bears are poised to make some noise (in preseason) only to have hopes dashed by injuries.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know... I never got tired of hitting people, was a LB/DT... I never wanted to leave the field. However, my career ended before it really started so, take that for what its worth.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know... I never got tired of hitting people, was a LB/DT... I never wanted to leave the field. However, my career ended before it really started so, take that for what its worth.

Ultra competitve people want to win, not just spin their wheels. If your offfense leads the league for 2 years in 3 and outs, it would get old. Its not about hitting people, its about not being able to win no matter how well you and your team mates play on one side of the ball. It would also be nice to get a breather once in while I'm sure. Instead of taking off your helmet and as you grab a bottle of water your qb throws a pick.
You can make yourself the exception to the rule, but it would piss me off.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just think the pros want to get off the field. I understand your view point . But I doubt you've played vs guys that average 310 lbs. And that's an underestimation. Just saying pro Ds want to get off the field as quick as possible. The NFL isn't High School or College.
Not trying to dis you. :suds: