• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

**Signing Day Thread**

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, 4 losses for 7 seasons in a row is not nearly worth it when the head coach is not willing to do any better than 4 losses. On top of that, the guy was a freak lunatic.

Now, personally I didn't mind him being a dickhead. I just didn't like that he wasn't willing to make a single change to do better than 4 losses a season......because by golly he was gonna prove that he could do it with his makeshift staff that had 10 years of total experience. We are all about Championships here, and we weren't even getting close.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite honestly, it is disgusting to think that Nebraska........theeeeee Mighty 5 time National Champion Cornhuskers........wasted their time and money on a guy who is only good enough for Youngstown State.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point about improvement but do you feel Riley is a upgrade over Bo? I didn't mean to come onto your board and start a debate but only wanted to congratulate you guys on a good recruiting class and provide the link. My best friend is a die hard Corn Husker fan so trust me I know you guys take winning serious and the lack of defense with the black shirts has been killing my friend for the past 7 years. I just feel Bo did a good job but needed better assistants around him. Now yes that's his fault for not going out and getting them but I question if Riley can get 9 wins for 7 years straight. Once again I hope I am wrong and that you guys do awesome except of course when you play Penn State. Good luck this season. Please stop by the Mock Draft forum and check it out.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I believe Riley is better than Bo is because he took over a dump truck of a program and turned it into a competitor. Oregon State has zero resources and was averaging 0.8 wins per season before he took over. In his first 4 seasons at Oregon State he managed to beat 3 top 3 ranked teams in the country. One of those was #1 USC.

Bo never touched a top ranked team. The only time he came close was when Suh strangled Colt McCoy in the Big 12 Championship game. But then, just like a Bo Pelini team, we toss Texas 50 free yards on the final drive of the game with penalties and get them in position to win.

Bo was stuck at 4 losses and was never getting past it. And we were never ever going to beat a good team.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thanks for the well wishes! I hope Riley is the answer too.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just feel Bo did a good job but needed better assistants around him. Now yes that's his fault for not going out and getting them
you hit it right here.

as far as Riley, i'm just going to wait and see. does he need to win 9 in the first season, no, but he certainly can't go worse than 7 wins with some of the cupcakes we have. I mostly want blowouts eliminated. I hated not showing up for 3Qs against MSU and the giving up that huge yardage to Gordon in that WIscy game just killed me. if Riley can stop that in year 1, I'll be happy with any record at the end of the season.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you hit it right here.

as far as Riley, i'm just going to wait and see. does he need to win 9 in the first season, no, but he certainly can't go worse than 7 wins with some of the cupcakes we have. I mostly want blowouts eliminated. I hated not showing up for 3Qs against MSU and the giving up that huge yardage to Gordon in that WIscy game just killed me. if Riley can stop that in year 1, I'll be happy with any record at the end of the season.

For me, Riley cannot lose six or more games. If he does, every loss had better be by no more than one point.

Like you say, that schedule is an easy one. BYU, Wisconsin, and Michigan State in Lincoln.

Nebraska has two tough road games with Miami and Minnesota, which is sad to say because neither team won their bowl game.

Minnesota went 2-4 in their last six games, but beat Nebraska in Lincoln.

Miami also went 2-4 in their last six games, or 0-4 in their last four games, and lost their bowl game to finish 6-7.

The worst Nebraska should go is 9-3, but I suppose 8-4 is okay. Five losses is going to be pretty bad. And six losses would be pretty sad.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i said 7 wins, so that's 7-5, regular season. I think that's the minimum with the 5 losses being those you listed. that wouldn't be my guess on the season though. i think Riley can get us over the Minnesota hump immediately that Bo seemed to be stuck under the last 2 years. I think we'll be closer in the Wiscy game, not sure about winning it, not sure on MSU either but I think it would be better than last year. BYU and Miami are both winnable, hard to have confidence in the BYU just because it's the 1st game so hard to tell how they will play with the new schemes in the first game. they will gain confidence from there and will be a much improved team by the time Miami rolls around.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually expecting a big year I think the team is going to respond really well to this spark Mike Riley is going to bring

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Riley loses more than 4 games is anyone really honestly going to say, "I WISH WE HAD BO STILL SO WE COULD LOSE 4 GAMES INSTEAD OF 6" ???

Hell no. Losing is losing. Bo lost 4 games every year, and that equals poopy to me. I'm not here to watch my team just be average. I want a team that changes from year to year so I have some sort of hope that we might win a Championship.

Going 9-4 isn't impressive when you're Nebraska.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want a 11 win team. I want a Big ten championship

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I want is the same I've always wanted. Compete in every game. If they do that the rest will follow. Unfortunately Bo couldn't do that.