• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sidney Rice

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing something out there... like I always do.

The Seahags just signed some stud CFL WR (cannot remember his name) and so apparently the writing is on the wall for Sidney Rice. He is due 5.5 million I believe and reports are that he will be cut.

My question to you all is this. With the discussion going back and forth about IF we go WR in the draft and if it should be Watkins or a guy like Evans, would signing Rice to a 1 year deal with incentives for playing time be advantageous for the Rams if the price was right? I mean we all agree that getting a WR would be nice, but we also agree that getting said WR would not put us over the top. If we sign a WR like Rice, who IMO is the type of WR we need (aka a solid red zone threat who won't demand the ball so we can develop guys like Austin,Bailey,Quick and Givens), we can then focus on plugging the holes in the offensive line and defensive backfield in the draft. Just so we are clear, if Rice wants anything more than a one year deal, we pass.

What say you??

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSUDodger. Apparently the Seanags have a scout that follows the CFL because did they not sign one or two of those big corners from the CFL? Methinks it would behoove the Rams to cover that league and pick up good but cheap players just like Seattle as been doing under snakeman.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't stay healthy. Of course neither can our QB, so maybe we could sign Rice and he and Bradford can play checkers on the sideline during games.....

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't stay healthy. Of course neither can our QB, so maybe we could sign Rice and he and Bradford can play checkers on the sideline during games.....

^^^ Thats f*#! ing awesome right there!! ^^^ :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

I vote for BOSS....as our GM

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by BOSS429Mustang

^^^ Thats f*#! ing awesome right there!! ^^^
giggle.gif
giggle.gif
giggle.gif
giggle.gif

I vote for BOSS....as our GM

Sorry Zeke, the position of official unofficial GM of the board is mine!! But I gotta admit that was funny. Hell, why could we not bring him to camp on the cheap and if he stays healthy we get a bargain?? Just saying

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he's anything like Bradford's first few years of WR effort, they'd probably play "hot potato" instead. And maybe afterwards, they could share a Butterfinger... because, "Nobody better lay a finger on my perfectly thrown deep ball... err... Butterfinger." ;)

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher would get jealous if anybody got "too close" to his lover Bradford.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of on topic, anyone else actually watch the CFL? I love it, Rider Up!

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass on Rice (not at the chinese buffet though)... Favre made him look good.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Mutigers, I watch the CFL more than I care to admit. They have some pretty good talent up there and we could use some of those guys because they are fundamentally sound and they play hard to the final whistle.