• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Should we start Jalen Hurts vs. Tennessee?

To start him, or not to start him?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua was obviously in pain after the slide. We have a crucial rivalry game this week, but we also have a viable #2 QB with Jalen. So what should we do?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor from a very reliable source is Tua had a scope on his knee today and is out for the Tennessee game at a minimum, possibly the LSU game as well as it typically takes 3-4 weeks to heal. LSU would game would be 1 day short of 3 weeks, Miss St 1 short of 4 and I'm guessing it's 100% chance he'll be back before Auburn.

Others are able to recover in as little as 1 week, but not sure about playing football. JT Barrett did it and played 6 days later. So I guess Tennessee is possible, but I doubt it.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard people on other forums suggest Tennessee players would go after his knee if he played.

I don't think Pruitt would do that. But shit happens in games even if you aren't going for it.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor from a very reliable source is Tua had a scope on his knee today and is out for the Tennessee game at a minimum, possibly the LSU game as well as it typically takes 3-4 weeks to heal. LSU would game would be 1 day short of 3 weeks, Miss St 1 short of 4 and I'm guessing it's 100% chance he'll be back before Auburn.

Others are able to recover in as little as 1 week, but not sure about playing football. JT Barrett did it and played 6 days later. So I guess Tennessee is possible, but I doubt it.

This was my only problem with Tua. I was scared he'd eventually get injured. Things that are too good to be true usually end up as such. I'm not sure he could handle a full game to be honest.

Jalen is built like a steel frame. He would take beating after beating, make run after run, and still keep going. Tua hasn't even played in the 4th quarter yet and he's already had a major injury. Major as in, it needs operation and may take weeks to heal. With Jalen showing vast improvement in his confidence throwing the ball downfield, and overwhelming fan support, I think he's readier than ever to hit the field this week. And hey, if something happens even then, we have Mack Wilson. But hopefully, that never happens.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard people on other forums suggest Tennessee players would go after his knee if he played.

I don't think Pruitt would do that. But shit happens in games even if you aren't going for it.

They've done it before. Remember Marcus Lattimore?

I wouldn't trust them at all. Never have, never will.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit, I don't know. Just went back and saw this:

So maybe he didn't have it done.

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit, I don't know. Just went back and saw this:

So maybe he didn't have it done.
Maaaaan I would still sit him. Just let him rest for two weeks. Jalen is fully capable of beating Tennessee. Let Mack play backup if we throttle them.