• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Rock and Roll Hall of fame change its name

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 2Pac NWA and Public Enemy in the Rock and Roll hall of fame its more than just rock artists so should they change the name.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, have you listened to Public Enemy, NWA, and 2Pac? They rock...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, no one takes the rock and roll hall of fame all that seriously anyway. It's just a chance for the music industry to suck their own dicks. That said I still find it enjoyable to watch. And this year is a solid clsss.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Music is not Bad or Good, Only Liked and Disliked, to Judge it, is Moronic...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Music is not Bad or Good, Only Liked and Disliked, to Judge it, is Moronic...

How do you like or dislike something without passing judgement? It's okay to talk about music and express your musical tastes. It's only moronic if you expect everyone to agree with you.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you like or dislike something without passing judgement? It's okay to talk about music and express your musical tastes. It's only moronic if you expect everyone to agree with you.
By Realizing your own Opinion matters Not...

Since when is talking about your Musical Tastes a Passing of Judgment?

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Music is not Bad or Good

:scratch:

You aren't being serious with that statement...are you?

Truthfully...there is an awful lot of bad music out there...and some that's so bad I wouldn't even dignify by calling it music.

C'mon Man.

Ftr: I do like some of the older hip-hop tunes....but it's really few & far between.

Also, I have no issue w/ some of the earlier originators & "trailblazers" of that genre being inducted.

Last edited:

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:scratch:

You aren't being serious with that statement...are you?

Truthfully...there is an awful lot of bad music out there...and some very bad stuff I wouldn't even dignify by calling it music.

C'mon Man.

Ftr: I do like some of the older hip-hop tunes....but it's really few & far between.

Also, I have no issue w/ some of the earlier originators & "trailblazers" of that genre being inducted.
Music is an Expression of Someone, While you, me, everyone else might not like it now, who knows in 10,000 years, that song might be the only one liked...

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Music is an Expression of Someone,

That's a given, obviously....but a lot of the stuff being put out lately that's called "music" is ludicrous.
Call me old school, or a traditionalist...but unless there are actual musical instruments being played & sheet music w/ notes & chord structures being written and read...then it's just not "music".
If an "artist" (another term being tossed around loosely these days) who isn't able to read or write music or even play an instrument is expressing his or herself by relying mainly upon a computer to do that, then I call BS.

Last edited:

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By Realizing your own Opinion matters Not...

Since when is talking about your Musical Tastes a Passing of Judgment?

It's not, just trying to figure out where you we're going with it...

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, no one takes the rock and roll hall of fame all that seriously anyway. It's just a chance for the music industry to suck their own dicks. That said I still find it enjoyable to watch. And this year is a solid clsss.

So like the Emmys but for music

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a given, obviously....but a lot of the stuff being put out lately that's called "music" is ludicrous.
Call me old school, or a traditionalist...but unless there are actual musical instruments being played & sheet music w/ notes & chord structures being written and read...then it's just not "music".
If an "artist" (another term being tossed around loosely these days) who isn't able to read or write music or even play an instrument is expressing his or herself by relying mainly upon a computer to do that, then I call BS.

He has a point look at art its similar in that its an expression of ones self but some of it I think to my self why do people spend so much on it.