• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Hartnell Go

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk about Carter.....why aren't we talking about moving Hartnell instead?

I have read a lot of your posts and it seems the consensus is that now that the number one free agent goalie and the only player that is worth trading Carter for is gone (Halak).........why not trade Scotty for the rising young buck goalie with the "tons of upside" that a lot of you (and me) want so bad??

Yes --- I understand Carter is in the final year of his contract, but trading just to trade him is just stupid imo. Homer has all year to do something with Carter, doing it now just isn't making any sense to me anymore.

Hartnell was in yr 4 of a 6 year deal this past season and his value won't be any higher than it is right this second....so, doesn't it make better sense to dump Mr. Inconsistent than Jeff Carter?

or don't you all think he can command as good of a return via a trade?

I'm saying....why focus all of our attention on the guy who scores a lot of our goals? How bout trade the guy who cause the biggest headaches instead?

GagneFire12

Miley Cyrus, say what?
In a flat with tinted sunlight and creaky floorboa
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter is easier to move because he doesn't have a NTC. His 79 goals in the last two season will command a bigger return, as well.

That being said, I'd rather not move Jeff (Unless Bernier is coming back).

Hartnell could be an interesting option, but he'd have to waive is NTC. Going through a nasty divorce, he could potentially be looking for a fresh start. However, from what I've heard, he absolutely loves Philly. Plus, if you get rid of Hartnell, you get rid of your net presence. You would have to get a Power Forward as part of the deal, or you would have to fish one out of the FA pool.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well you say hartnell has a high value and i would not agree. hartnell had an awful regular season and did the same in the playoffs until the last round. his value is probably at an all time low. also, he has a no trade clause.

the reason people do not want to trade carter midseason and they want to trade him now is because they want a goalie for carter. we need a goalie before the season starts. we can not just go with boucher and backlund and take offers as the season goes on.

also if you want a bernier type guy then it will cost carter. i think we could trade hartnell for a guy like schneider though. my only worry is that the hartnell briere leino line was so good and carter has not been able to produce on the wing although he might make a good left wing and replace hartnell.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to be dead on Gag's.

No Trade Clause The scourge of any professional sports league.

Maybe he'll wave it for sunny LA... :(

{I really have to quit posting on 3 hours sleep}

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott - I said "his value won't be any higher than what is right this second".

I would never say SH has a high value. I fucking hate the guy. lol

I just know when I was bashing the guy all year, almost everyone else (maybe not you in particular) was singing the guys praises, so that to me means everyone else thinks he's worth something solid in return.

After reading DavnLaguna's posts...it seems to me the LA brass isn't going to let Bernier go no matter what is offered.

So who/what's left to trade Carter for? Mason - Turd-co - Blah...Blah and Blah that's who. It sucks, but...it is what it is. :)

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and Tox is one awesome guy! NTC = bane of GM's existence!!

Last edited by a moderator:

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
washington has a good young goalie named michael nyruith or something weird. i am not going to even look up the spelling. i am not even sure that is his first name.

well you could trade carter to the canucks for schneider and someone else or something like that.

i think bernier should be the flyers first choice which is why i post so many things about trading carter. i would not trade carter for much other goalies though. i really think the flyers will do something at the draft. i just have a feeling it will be for somebody that nobody was thinking of.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Last edited by Tox_1; Today at 11:13 PM.

ABUSE OF POWER!! MUTINTYYYYYYYYY

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really think the flyers will do something at the draft. i just have a feeling it will be for somebody that nobody was thinking of.

I don't know.......this is a pretty thorough crowd of Flyer's fans in here.....I can't see anyone getting through our radar!! :)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by Tox_1; Today at 11:13 PM.

ABUSE OF POWER!! MUTINTYYYYYYYYY

HaHaHaHa

Hey.....I don't know what Boss said to you.....but, I'm glad you came out of hiding bro!! :D

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
there are a ton of options. everybody has been talking about free agents or young goalies. nobody really mentioned goalie who are already starters and we would need to get from trades except for quick or vokoun.

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and the Edmonton Oilers select...wait we have an announcement the Philadelphia Flyers just traded Jeff Carter to the Pittsburgh Penguins for Evgeni Malkin.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are a ton of options. everybody has been talking about free agents or young goalies. nobody really mentioned goalie who are already starters and we would need to get from trades except for quick or vokoun.

Very true man! Good point.

Sounds like you just thought up the next thread Scott. :cool:

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
HaHaHaHa

Hey.....I don't know what Boss said to you.....but, I'm glad you came out of hiding bro!! :D

Once my account was suspended by ESPN for the 50th time I decided to just leave it suspended. Boss messaged me and told me he found a place where people actually talk hockey and dont just argue about nonsense all day.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the Edmonton Oilers select...wait we have an announcement the Philadelphia Flyers just traded Jeff Carter to the Pittsburgh Penguins for Evgeni Malkin.

"...and this just in to channel 6 Action News....a guy with an AK47 is running through the Wachovia Center Complex looking for victims to gun down!!"

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very true man! Good point.

Sounds like you just thought up the next thread Scott. :cool:

we should take a look at goalies who are already with their teams because that is the third possibility.

i think the flyers will either get a goalie from free agency, sign leighton, trade for a young goalie, or trade for a goalie who is already a teams starter. haha.

we went over some young goalies although tim p did mention the guy from washington i mentioned earlier and we went over free agents. time to mention more goalies already with their teams like quick and vokoun.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once my account was suspended by ESPN for the 50th time I decided to just leave it suspended. Boss messaged me and told me he found a place where people actually talk hockey and dont just argue about nonsense all day.

I remember that period of time well.

It was pure fucking bullshit.

Either way, I'm glad you're around again man!

btw - did you quit posting all together or did you hit another board?