• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shermans comments resonated with me

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you are trying way too hard to defend something he actually apologized for. The question isn't how much fact was in his rant, but the tone and degree of it. I don't have any problems with him saying crabtree was mediocre in his press conference afterward and I don't care that he called him out, but there is no getting past his statement at that time taking away from the moment for that team. They were going to the SB and all ANYONE talked about for the next 24hrs at least was Sherman and that's not right.

That some of you don't feel the negative fallout impacts you is fine, but to say it shouldn't to everyone else too isn't fine IMO. If some of us wish we were able to follow a team that didn't get all this bad reputation for cheating, drug use, and having loud mouth punks then that is our right as well.

If any of you who are saying that all of raising kids is entirely on the parents then either you aren't a parent or really didn't pay attention to what was going on around your kids. What they are exposed to matters. You wouldn't let them watch all movies would you? You have to filter or at least monitor their internet use and pay attention to who they are idolizing and what they are taking from it. That's part of parenting and it is made far easier if the people they are looking up to aren't making you have to make excuses for why their behavior isn't acceptable for them as well. I never said, nor implied Sherman is going to create a sea of little hot heads and said it wasn't a major thing, but was real. That's very much keeping it in perspective.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you are trying way too hard to defend something he actually apologized for. The question isn't how much fact was in his rant, but the tone and degree of it. I don't have any problems with him saying crabtree was mediocre in his press conference afterward and I don't care that he called him out, but there is no getting past his statement at that time taking away from the moment for that team. They were going to the SB and all ANYONE talked about for the next 24hrs at least was Sherman and that's not right.

That some of you don't feel the negative fallout impacts you is fine, but to say it shouldn't to everyone else too isn't fine IMO. If some of us wish we were able to follow a team that didn't get all this bad reputation for cheating, drug use, and having loud mouth punks then that is our right as well.

If any of you who are saying that all of raising kids is entirely on the parents then either you aren't a parent or really didn't pay attention to what was going on around your kids. What they are exposed to matters. You wouldn't let them watch all movies would you? You have to filter or at least monitor their internet use and pay attention to who they are idolizing and what they are taking from it. That's part of parenting and it is made far easier if the people they are looking up to aren't making you have to make excuses for why their behavior isn't acceptable for them as well. I never said, nor implied Sherman is going to create a sea of little hot heads and said it wasn't a major thing, but was real. That's very much keeping it in perspective.

Wiz, I applaud you for this. I am a father and I am a year round swim coach as well. We had Junior Olympics this past weekend and I had a 10 yr old kid (not mine) half jokingly say how he was going to talk trash to the kid next to him at his next race. I told him that isn't something we do on our team and it is completely unacceptable. He pointed to the game and said, how come he can but I can't. I then had to explain how he shouldn't have, how you must respect the sport, respect your coaches and teammates, and respect your opponent as well. To be honest, I wasn't expecting to have to deal with that so quickly, but that was the reality of the action smacking me in the face not more then 15 hours after the post game interview and post game presser came around.

On a side note, for those of you that believe Crabtree to be mediocre, :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Whatever tickles your pickle, but you know damn well that isn't the truth. 1,000 yard WRs that are the linch pin to a passing offense are not typically mediocre.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crabtree is a possession receiver with good size and hands bit nothing special.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]
On a side note, for those of you that believe Crabtree to be mediocre, :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3: Whatever tickles your pickle, but you know damn well that isn't the truth. 1,000 yard WRs that are the linch pin to a passing offense are not typically mediocre.

I think when Sherm said this, it must have referenced what Crabs said to him, but Crabs has not made that public as far as I know. I also think when Sherman said this, he was referring to top WRs, and Crabs is good, but not top 5, not top 10, not even top 15. Two seasons ago he was number 17 in yds/game. This season, his avg would have put him at 35, but too small a sample size. On his career, he would be sitting at around 35 based on the other receiver numbers this season.

Sherm is #1, or #2 in the entire league. Crabs is absolutely pedestrian compared to Gordon, Jones, Johnson. Just like NFL talking heads are saying Tate, Baldwin and Kearse are pedestrian. In terms of being the best, yes they are. Crabs is still good and has his role in the offense but he is not one of the top guys in the league and I don't think he ever will be if he stays in SF and they continue to be a defensive/power running team.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think when Sherm said this, it must have referenced what Crabs said to him, but Crabs has not made that public as far as I know. I also think when Sherman said this, he was referring to top WRs, and Crabs is good, but not top 5, not top 10, not even top 15. Two seasons ago he was number 17 in yds/game. This season, his avg would have put him at 35, but too small a sample size. On his career, he would be sitting at around 35 based on the other receiver numbers this season.

Sherm is #1, or #2 in the entire league. Crabs is absolutely pedestrian compared to Gordon, Jones, Johnson. Just like NFL talking heads are saying Tate, Baldwin and Kearse are pedestrian. In terms of being the best, yes they are. Crabs is still good and has his role in the offense but he is not one of the top guys in the league and I don't think he ever will be if he stays in SF and they continue to be a defensive/power running team.

:agree:

My point is that Crabs is FAR from mediocre yet I am watching mediocre being tagged to him like a buzz word as if that were true.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

My point is that Crabs is FAR from mediocre yet I am watching mediocre being tagged to him like a buzz word as if that were true.

I agree, but when you talk smack to someone who is truly the best, sometimes it comes back to slap you in the ass and try to give you a handshake and say good game. :suds: