• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sharks vs Kings in 1st round

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have lost all hope for Heatley.. Expectation out of him this post-season = absolutely zero.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have lost all hope for Heatley.. Expectation out of him this post-season = absolutely zero.

I feel the same way. I just hope he isn't a detriment. Who knows, maybe he'll finally explode and serve us up some crow. I would gladly eat it but I'm not at all expecting much out of him.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same way. I just hope he isn't a detriment. Who knows, maybe he'll finally explode and serve us up some crow. I would gladly eat it but I'm not at all expecting much out of him.

I'm not either, but he was better the last 2 or 3 weeks of the season. Didn't cost the Sharks nearly as much and even contributed offensively in a few games. The most noted improvement was his play in his own zone. He's still not stellar by any means, but he did become much less of a liability.

I pretty much agree with everyone else, as long as he doesn't screw the Sharks over with bad play and stupid penalties and can contribute a goal here and there, I'll be fine with it. Not worth the $7.5M or whatever he's making, but there's not much you can do about that now.

:director:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Sharks do these three things, I think they'll take this series.

-Sharks need to limit their turnovers. Kings have had trouble scoring all year and more so since Kopitar went down. No need to help their offense with bad turnovers. Since Kopitar went down, here are their goal totals in the seven games: 2, 1, 3, 1, 2, 1, 1.

-Smyth, Handzus, Penner, all big bodies that will most likely try to park themselves in front of the net to take advantage of the Sharks smallish D. If Niemi can see it, he'll stop it. Keep the front of the net clear. Wallin might be worth something in this series.

-Kill penalties! Kings don't score much. Kings also have a mediocre PP (1 for 22 since Kopitar went down). Sharks PK is just as bad.

If the Sharks do these three things, I think the Sharks' forward depth will take care of itself. What is everyone's keys to this series? Thursday can't come soon enough.

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ-LA: Sharks should win this. I think LA is going to be tougher than some are giving credit to though. Playoffs are all about details, hard work, and intensity - the sharks can tend to get lazy in different ways, believing that their 'greatness' will prevail, and we all know how that goes. SJ can win this easily by dominating play in the LA zone and keeping a low-scoring offense in their zone. Keep penalties under control - and break the puck out of our zone quickly and efficiently.

Chi-Van: My DVR will be on hot standby for this series. Chi is not the team they were last year but they have an awesome top-4 d line that will be shutting down a lot of the O that VAN has. Still, I think VAN has the edge here... but its going to be bloody.

Phx-Det: Not sure what to think of this one. DET is one of those teams everyone thinks is over the hill and yet, like that weird uncle, they just dont go away. Dats will find holes to shoot in but Zets being less than 100% is going to hurt DET. If PHX can keep this close, they have a shot.

ANA-NSH: It will be hard to distinguish the hatred NSH has for California teams after this series. ANA might win in in 3.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'M SO EXCITED!

charlie_excited.gif

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let the countdown begin!

10 hours, 30 minutes...

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can someone post the GDT? Let's get it started! Man I'm pumped. More coffee? Sure why not.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do they allow you to bring in the DSL camera into the HP arena?

Go Sharks!!!