• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sharks vs Kings in 1st round

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its going to be a good series.

Let the REAL SEASON begin soon.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel good about this matchup for the Sharks. Let's hope PattyJo are sick and tired of losing in the playoffs and show us a fire we have yet to see from them. A healthy Clowe would also be nice to see. Took twenty years, but finally Sharks vs Kings in the playoffs.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the match up too. LA is banged up and as a Western team it is always nice to have away games so close. No need to fly to Chicago, the Sharks travel enough during the season.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hopefully they take it in 4 to 5 max, they need to close them out as quick as possible. alot of interesting side stories though the Dumbo Lombardi being their gm now

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the match up too. LA is banged up and as a Western team it is always nice to have away games so close. No need to fly to Chicago, the Sharks travel enough during the season.

+1. Rooting for showdowns against the Coyotes and Ducks, too. The Sharks might match up better against the Wings and Canucks, but the familiarity of Pacific Division foes would make for some very exciting series'... while pissing off the middle of the country as an added bonus. ;)

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yeah, this 1st round shaped up perfectly!

1. LA is by far and away the easiest team. Without Kopitar and williams (or at least a banged up williams), their offensive depth plummets. They could still give the sharks some challenge, but it's lot like last year with colorado being without hejduk and mueller.

2. Chicago-vancouver is perfection! one of those two will be out and either way it should be a long, tough, hard fought series.

3. Phoenix is young and quick: exactly the kind of team that would give the wings major fits. I would actually put my money on phoenix in that series.

4. Anaheim should be able to handle nashville, but the preds play hard and quick and with the ducks goaltending questions, they too could be removed in the first round.

I honestly would not be shocked if the sharks are the only top 4 seed to advance. of course that would mean a matchup with chicago in the 2nd round, but we'll take our chances. I'm hoping for vancouver to win round 1, but also phoenix and nashville, which would set up a 2nd round matchup with the preds... we all know how predators make great shark food, particularly in the PO's.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
p.s.: Of course, I would also be just fine with it going 1-2-3-4... Then vancouver would have to deal with the Ducks in the 2nd round setting up yet another physical and difficult series. The Sharks would get an old, injured detroit team that kinda limped into the PO's, and the sharks have shown that they can handle detroit both in last year's PO's and this regular season.

The only matchup team the sharks could play in round two that I wouldn't want is Chicago. 8th seed or not, they took it to the sharks last year and at the end of the season, and I think that after vancouver, they are the scariest team in the conference.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vancouver handles Chicago this year... both those teams are different than last year.

Does anybody know the status of Seto and Clowe?

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Vancouver handles Chicago this year... both those teams are different than last year.

Does anybody know the status of Seto and Clowe?

Seto played in that last game unless I was seeing things, which is entirely possible :)

And I read a McLellan quote somewhere stating that he expect Clowe to be back for Game 1. I'll try and find it.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seto played in that last game unless I was seeing things, which is entirely possible :)

And I read a McLellan quote somewhere stating that he expect Clowe to be back for Game 1. I'll try and find it.

Obviously I have no insider info, but if I had to guess I'd say that if the Anaheim and Ponicks road games had been playoffs games, Clowe would have played. We won't know until after the playoffs (and we might never know at all) but his injury did seem to be minor.

Toolrulzz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, this 1st round shaped up perfectly!

1. LA is by far and away the easiest team. Without Kopitar and williams (or at least a banged up williams), their offensive depth plummets. They could still give the sharks some challenge, but it's lot like last year with colorado being without hejduk and mueller.

2. Chicago-vancouver is perfection! one of those two will be out and either way it should be a long, tough, hard fought series.

3. Phoenix is young and quick: exactly the kind of team that would give the wings major fits. I would actually put my money on phoenix in that series.

4. Anaheim should be able to handle nashville, but the preds play hard and quick and with the ducks goaltending questions, they too could be removed in the first round.

I honestly would not be shocked if the sharks are the only top 4 seed to advance. of course that would mean a matchup with chicago in the 2nd round, but we'll take our chances. I'm hoping for vancouver to win round 1, but also phoenix and nashville, which would set up a 2nd round matchup with the preds... we all know how predators make great shark food, particularly in the PO's.

I agree, it's a pretty good matchup for San Jose. Should be some nastiness as familiarity breeds contempt and these teams will have faced each other a minimum of 10 times total by the end of the series. As I said in another thread, I'm cautiously optimistic about the Sharks as I am every year. There's really no other way to be as a fan of this team.

As for the Vancouver-Chicago series, I hope for a long tough series as well. I see this series playing out similar to the San Jose-Detroit last year with a lot of close games and the Canucks ultimately slaying some demons much like the Sharks last season. Also, I can't see another President's Trophy winner going out in the first round for the third straight year but you never know. On a personal note, my girlfriend went to high school and is still friends with Keith Ballard so I have a very, very small rooting interest with Vancouver besides wanting to see Chicago get their asses handed to them :)

ads_2006

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
TV Schedule?

Hope the sharks dont get bumped for the A's or Kings (season almost over) games

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dont count LA out, it really depends on what sharks team shows up, if its the lazy one that showed up against Phoenix in Phoenix the sharks will be in trouble.

However as worn out as Quick has looked i dont see it being much of an issue, throwing Bernier in there might slow the bleeding but i see him getting overwhelmed.

As for the Chicago/Van Match up it should be all Vancouver, that being said it depends if Bobby Lou can shake is playoff choke performance standard that he has set for himself. Losing Manny is going to hurt them as well.

I think nashville finally breaks their curse and get past the Ducks, but it will be because Rinne stands on his head and Shea Weber destroys getzlaf,selanne,perry and ryan. Thats a lot of destroying. Nashville is used to grinding out wins, i dont see it being any different.

Phoenix continutes their tradition of getting bounced in the first round then bounced back to winterpeg

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see something awesome from Heatley this year in the playoffs. I gave him an out last year because he had a groin injury, but this year, no excuses. He'll be seeing the second defensive pairing on most nights, he's got Clowe and Couture to win him some pucks so he just needs to get to the net and make shit happen.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see something awesome from Heatley this year in the playoffs. I gave him an out last year because he had a groin injury, but this year, no excuses. He'll be seeing the second defensive pairing on most nights, he's got Clowe and Couture to win him some pucks so he just needs to get to the net and make shit happen.

+1. Luckily, all of the Sharks' eggs aren't in the Heatley basket, but it's nice to see a guy with that much talent finally resemble his old form.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1. Luckily, all of the Sharks' eggs aren't in the Heatley basket, but it's nice to see a guy with that much talent finally resemble his old form.

He better score some goals in this playoffs. Otherwise, I'll be upset with him and he will feel badly that he has upset a Sharks fan.

:D

Good to see you over hear Heath!