• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sharks Training Camp Thread

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Guite and Pelech placed on waivers for assignment.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
D Nick Petrecki, LW Brandon Mashinter and goalies Tyson Sexsmith and Thomas Heemskerk assigned to Worcester.

EDIT: Sullivan placed on waivers as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In your face cmon lol. Im.pretty sure the new 4th line is winchester,murray, wingels and or desjardins mcginn

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wingels! Just felt like saying that. He's been moved up to the third line taking McGinn's spot per teh blog.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In your face cmon lol. Im.pretty sure the new 4th line is winchester,murray, wingels and or desjardins mcginn

McGinn's practicing on the 4th line in Winchester's spot this morning. Wingels is on the 3rd line in hopes he can provide more scoring than McGinn did apparently. Winchester is playing with McCarthy and MacIntyre two guys slated for the AHL. That's not a good sign for Winchester.

I'd still perfer Wingels on the 2nd line over Ferriero if Havlat's not good to go. I don't know what McLellan and Wilson see in Ferreiro.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGinn's practicing on the 4th line in Winchester's spot this morning. Wingels is on the 3rd line in hopes he can provide more scoring than McGinn did apparently. Winchester is playing with McCarthy and MacIntyre two guys slated for the AHL. That's not a good sign for Winchester.

I'd still perfer Wingels on the 2nd line over Ferriero if Havlat's not good to go. I don't know what McLellan and Wilson see in Ferreiro.

... or in McGinn, for that matter. :L

(yes, 4 games into the pre-season, I'm writing that loser off.. he has no skills whatsoever)

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
... or in McGinn, for that matter. :L

(yes, 4 games into the pre-season, I'm writing that loser off.. he has no skills whatsoever)

McGinn's actually looked like an NHL calbre player so far this preseason. It's a very small sample size as I've only seen the two games but he was playing smarter and appeared to be seeing the ice and play better. He's been a lot better than Ferriero that's for sure.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lines from practice today as per DP:

Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat/Ferriero
Wingels-Handzus-Mitchell
Winchester-Desjardins-Murray
McGinn-McCarthy-MacIntyre

Looks pretty legit to me... send the entire 5th line down (can McGinn be sent down? if not, just healthy scratch him and Ferriero -- WTF is he doing on the 2nd line... or throw one of the two in for Murray/Desjardins every night until you figure out which line works best).

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks pretty legit to me... send the entire 5th line down (can McGinn be sent down? if not, just healthy scratch him and Ferriero -- WTF is he doing on the 2nd line... or throw one of the two in for Murray/Desjardins every night until you figure out which line works best).

About that second line. Kind of sucks that there's only one true center on it. If Couture gets kicked out of the faceoff circle, I don't think Clowe, or Havlat, are good faceoff guys. Just unfortunate that the top line has three centermen, that are very good faceoff guys, while the second line has just one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
About that second line. Kind of sucks that there's only one true center on it. If Couture gets kicked out of the faceoff circle, I don't think Clowe, or Havlat, are good faceoff guys. Just unfortunate that the top line has three centermen, that are very good faceoff guys, while the second line has just one.

Clowe is decent at face offs Havlat not so much. I'm not a fan of Slowvelski being on the top line at alll

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clowe is decent at face offs Havlat not so much. I'm not a fan of Slowvelski being on the top line at alll

Well, Clowe won 17 of 41 faceoffs last season for 42% so he's not a lost cause, but compare that to the top line that has three guys all averaging over 50% and it shows the top line has an overkill of centermen.

The only thing I like about Pavs on the top line is the right hand shot he provides for Thornton. Other than that, I'm not a huge fan either. I thought Havlat/Pavs would work well as a playmaker/shooter combo. Havlat creates the time with puck possession while Pavs looks for the open ice to get off his wicked shot.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I want to know what practice DP was watching? McGinn was with Dejardins and Murray for line rushes. Unless McGinn was moved for the scrimmage. I only stuck around for 20 minutes or so.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to know what practice DP was watching? McGinn was with Dejardins and Murray for line rushes. Unless McGinn was moved for the scrimmage. I only stuck around for 20 minutes or so.

Haha... no idea but I'll take your word over his!

Has Marleau shown up yet? He's looked pretty uninterested in playing out there (granted, super small sample size of just the Vancouver game here) :p

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haha... no idea but I'll take your word over his!

Has Marleau shown up yet? He's looked pretty uninterested in playing out there (granted, super small sample size of just the Vancouver game here) :p

The entire 1st line looked good in the 2nd game against Anaheim. The Vancouver game was the 4th game in 5 nights so I tend to give a little leeway on their preformance in that one.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The entire 1st line looked good in the 2nd game against Anaheim. The Vancouver game was the 4th game in 5 nights so I tend to give a little leeway on their preformance in that one.

True that but Thornton/Marleau/Pavelski only played in 2 (3?) of those games, I thought?

Anyway, no big deal... they don't *have to* kill themselves out there yet.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havlat needs to come back soon. I'd say his style of play is unlike any the Sharks roster has ever had (in recent years). I think his style will be the hardest to integrate with the rest of the team. When he's being shifty and controlling the puck, the other 4 Sharks on the ice need to be able to read him and give him the passing lane he is looking for, and also to move out of the way so he can skate with the puck.

I see a period of time where there can be some on ice misreads of the play as the team gets accustomed to how he plays. Hopefully this is a moot point and he just instantly gels with the team.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess what I mean is he should get in a few exhibition games under his belt, with his new mates.