• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shanny tells how he really feels about Haynseworth

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to be frustrating to coach or play on the same team with Haynesworth. Guy had so much talent that he was dominant when he wanted to be. Seemed to just decide he no longer cared about playing football. Probably particularly frustrating for Shanahan after having gone through Darryl Gardner fiasco.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for some people to show the actual success Shanahan has had with QBs and how he turned their careers around, or how certain QBs never did better with out him.

Starts with Steve Young. Young has often credited Shanahan for the success he became with the 49ers. Elway, obviously. Brian Griese made a pro bowl with Shanahan. Plummer's career became respectable, and his numbers turned completely around. He also made a pro bowl. Cutler never had better numbers away from Shanahan and he also made a pro bowl. RGIII won ROY under Shanahan.

The issue with McNabb. Everything I am gathering from Mcnabb is he is very disillusioned.

Here is a clue folks. When a divisional rival is willing to trade you a QB.......BUYER BEWARE. Now, Shanahan's personnel moves have not always been great. He is an ego maniac. I am sure he was cocky enough to ignore the fact that a divisional rival was trading them a "starting QB."

Well, IF Mcnabb was really decent, no way AND I MEAN NO WAY do the EAGLES trade him to the Redskins. It is beyond obvious that they knew they giving them a sack of crap.

Anyone remember when the Pats traded Bledsoe to the Bills. Remember, when a divisional rival trades you ANYTHING.......BUYER BEWARE.

Haynesworth is not even worth me typing his name. I just did it. He has no credibility what so ever.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember how many Bronco fans were hoping we'd land him in FA a few years back too. Talk about dodging a bullet. a $100 million bullet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy had HOF type skills to go down as one of the better players of our time yet chose to just rob a couple of teams of money and sit on his lazy butt. So glad we dodged that bullet. I definitely remember wanting him but when I saw the final price tag was glad we didn't get him. The one guy over the last couple of years I wish we would have got but couldn't quite get to sign a deal is Brandon Mebane with the Seahawks. I remember he came in for a visit but ended up giving Seattle the home town discount. Oh well Knighton is doing just fine for us!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember how many Bronco fans were hoping we'd land him in FA a few years back too. Talk about dodging a bullet. a $100 million bullet.

LOL Yep, guilty as charged here! Then again, not only did I favor getting Haynesworth, but I was also elated by the acquisitions of players like Travis Henry and Javon Walker! Also guilty of having been a big fan of Cutler, Marshall, and others who could play, but who also brought unwanted baggage to the field.

As a fan, I am certainly aware of the tension between wanting the team to win and possibly having to hold my nose while rooting for that to happen. I obviously don't have to write the checks to pay players, but I certainly understand the incentives faced by those who do to sometimes error (ex post) in their assessment of the risk v. reward associated with signing certain players. Much easier to make mistakes than to avoid them when trying to achieve more than mediocrity.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is true this business of the NFL is about as risky as it gets. I remember when we signed Peyton people kept telling us that one hit and he would be done kind of thing. It definitely was a concern but at the same time the reward was so much greater than the risk and we are seeing that now in now being Superbowl favorites in many people's minds. It definitely could have gone the other way quickly on us but I think this is something you have to do in order to become that Championship caliber team.

Thankfully Elway has done a great job of evaluating talent especially in Free Agency that have all come into help this team. Just think of the list over the last couple of years...Peyton, Dreessen, Vasquez, Welker, Tamme, Knighton, Phillips, Adams, DRC, and Holiday. Those are just the ones off the top of my head but all of those guys have contributed on at least a small level with many having vital roles on the team. So glad we have a competent Front Office again that has this team loaded with talent when considering just a few years ago we were thought of as the least talented team in the NFL possibly.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Yep, guilty as charged here! Then again, not only did I favor getting Haynesworth, but I was also elated by the acquisitions of players like Travis Henry and Javon Walker! Also guilty of having been a big fan of Cutler, Marshall, and others who could play, but who also brought unwanted baggage to the field.

As a fan, I am certainly aware of the tension between wanting the team to win and possibly having to hold my nose while rooting for that to happen. I obviously don't have to write the checks to pay players, but I certainly understand the incentives faced by those who do to sometimes error (ex post) in their assessment of the risk v. reward associated with signing certain players. Much easier to make mistakes than to avoid them when trying to achieve more than mediocrity.

Oh wow....Travis Henry. That's a name I haven't thought about in awhile. Talking about falling off the map. Dude had alot of potential too, but decided slanging dope was the easier way to go :frusty:

Isn't he out of prison now? Guess I could look it up....

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love for some people to show the actual success Shanahan has had with QBs and how he turned their careers around, or how certain QBs never did better with out him.

Starts with Steve Young. Young has often credited Shanahan for the success he became with the 49ers. Elway, obviously. Brian Griese made a pro bowl with Shanahan. Plummer's career became respectable, and his numbers turned completely around. He also made a pro bowl. Cutler never had better numbers away from Shanahan and he also made a pro bowl. RGIII won ROY under Shanahan.

The issue with McNabb. Everything I am gathering from Mcnabb is he is very disillusioned.

Here is a clue folks. When a divisional rival is willing to trade you a QB.......BUYER BEWARE. Now, Shanahan's personnel moves have not always been great. He is an ego maniac. I am sure he was cocky enough to ignore the fact that a divisional rival was trading them a "starting QB."

Well, IF Mcnabb was really decent, no way AND I MEAN NO WAY do the EAGLES trade him to the Redskins. It is beyond obvious that they knew they giving them a sack of crap.

Anyone remember when the Pats traded Bledsoe to the Bills. Remember, when a divisional rival trades you ANYTHING.......BUYER BEWARE.

Haynesworth is not even worth me typing his name. I just did it. He has no credibility what so ever.

Not sure I'd lump the Bledsoe deal with the McNabb deal. McNabb was completely finished, while Bledsoe was still a capable QB.

In fact he posted 4300 yards, and 24 TD's his first season as a Buffalo Bill. Pro Bowl season. I think the big knock on Bledsoe is he seems to lack the ability to handle adversity, and had some accuracy issues (especially compared to Brady). However, he still had tred on the tires when he was sent to Buffalo, unlike McNabb. NE definitely knew it was keeping the better QB though, and the salary relief they got also helped NE out. However, NE had to take less compensation than they wanted, and Bledsoe put people in the seats in Buffalo.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I'd lump the Bledsoe deal with the McNabb deal. McNabb was completely finished, while Bledsoe was still a capable QB.

In fact he posted 4300 yards, and 24 TD's his first season as a Buffalo Bill. Pro Bowl season. I think the big knock on Bledsoe is he seems to lack the ability to handle adversity, and had some accuracy issues (especially compared to Brady). However, he still had tred on the tires when he was sent to Buffalo, unlike McNabb. NE definitely knew it was keeping the better QB though, and the salary relief they got also helped NE out. However, NE had to take less compensation than they wanted, and Bledsoe put people in the seats in Buffalo.

He may have had a good season there, but the Pats considered him over the hill. If they truly thought he was dynamic enough that he would be a serious threat to them in their own division, they would not have traded him to the Bills. That year (2002) I believe the Bills finished last. That was his real last decent season, but that really is not the point.

If any team trades a player to another team within the same division, it is more likely that it is type of "trojan horse." I mean, why on earth would they trade a player that they truly believed would make that team better. It is totally illogical.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may have had a good season there, but the Pats considered him over the hill. If they truly thought he was dynamic enough that he would be a serious threat to them in their own division, they would not have traded him to the Bills. That year (2002) I believe the Bills finished last. That was his real last decent season, but that really is not the point.

If any team trades a player to another team within the same division, it is more likely that it is type of "trojan horse." I mean, why on earth would they trade a player that they truly believed would make that team better. It is totally illogical.
They had $103 MM reasons to get rid of him. Better to trade that to Buffalo and hamstring their salary cap a bit then keeping him as a backup. And if I remember right, Buffalo was one game out of a first place tie.

He was 30, not that old for a QB. But in Bledsoe's case he had some other issues that NE didn't mind pawning off on the Bills.

Then you have Miami trading Welker, but they didn't fully know what they were trading.

AmericanTebowFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So many Shanahan apologists here. RatFace is the most overrated coach in HISTORY. He would be nothing if it wasn't for Elway. And You're wrong when you say Cutler played his best under Shanahan. He never had a passer rating higher than the 80s under Shanahan, even in his pro bowl season. This season Cutler has a 91.7 rating under Marc Trestman. It's too bad he suffered the groin injury (hopefully he'll only miss the Green Bay game), but there's no question he was playing the best football of his career before the injury. God Bless...

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many Shanahan apologists here. RatFace is the most overrated coach in HISTORY. He would be nothing if it wasn't for Elway. And You're wrong when you say Cutler played his best under Shanahan. He never had a passer rating higher than the 80s under Shanahan, even in his pro bowl season. This season Cutler has a 91.7 rating under Marc Trestman. It's too bad he suffered the groin injury (hopefully he'll only miss the Green Bay game), but there's no question he was playing the best football of his career before the injury. God Bless...

Just shut up. You are such an ignorant fool it is not even funny anymore ripping on your posts.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your schtick has really gotten tired. How did you become such an attention whore?

Back when you were JC4Prez, misguided as that sn turned out to be, you at least seemed like a loyal Broncos fan. Now, whenever I read one of your posts I'm reminded of that scene in the movie Jackie Brown where Samuel L. Jackson says to De Nero, just before shooting him in the gut, "What the fuck happened to you, Louis? Your ass used to be beautiful!".