• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round - Toronto Maple Leafs vs. Florida Panthers

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we don't see a repeat of Vancouver 2011 in Toronto...

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maple Leaf Square didnt exist back in my day, so this is a legit question.

Why doesnt the team open up (sell cough cough) seats in the arena for away games? Or do they?

Or is standing outside for 4 hours THAT much fun?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we don't see a repeat of Vancouver 2011 in Toronto...

Didn't have any problems all those years the Raptors made runs and then lost to Lebron.

Then they won and shit was insane but still safe.

/And at least neither has rioted after a first round exit like in Montreal.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s go Leafs! Pulling for them and an all-Canada final at this point. That would piss off Gary and would be cool to see.

It would also piss off all the conspiracy theorists who claim Bettman would never allow an all Canadian final. So yeah, I'm down with that on a few levels.

Somewhat related, apparently the Florida/Boston game yesterday was rigged. A graphic showing "Florida scores" popped up on some stations about 10 seconds before they scored the tieing goal. Apparently, there are people yet to grasp the concept of a slightly delayed rebroadcast.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would also piss off all the conspiracy theorists who claim Bettman would never allow an all Canadian final. So yeah, I'm down with that on a few levels.

Somewhat related, apparently the Florida/Boston game yesterday was rigged. A graphic showing "Florida scores" popped up on some stations about 10 seconds before they scored the tieing goal. Apparently, there are people yet to grasp the concept of a slightly delayed rebroadcast.

my bud light goes off early sometimes as much as 3 seconds before a goal. I knew the NHL was rigged. I keep trying to place live bets to take advantage of it but it never works.... again... RIGGED.....

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Leafs have to play a lot better than they did. Yes they had moments but if you broke down all the games into 2 minute segments of who dominated, they were not good. If the Cats play like they did against Boston the last 3 games, Leafs are gonna have a real short series.

All that BS aside, since my sentiments lie for Toronto, I'll call them in 6 games.