• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Second Round - Carolina Hurricanes vs. Tampa Bay Lightning

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfft...the only BBQ worth it, are Ham Barbeque's made in the crock pot. :) You have to be from Pittsburgh to get the reference.

Seriously though, Korean Pulled pork BBQ is my favorite.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a co-worker who says the best in Atlanta (chain wise) is Raising Canes. I never saw one when there but he said there is one in Athens.
We have Cane's here and it is so incredibly meh. Literally only has three items on the menu. Chicken fingers, cole slaw and fries. And everything comes with Texas Toast. Now if we could get a Zaxby's...

Carolina BBQ is probably my favourite. I don't understand the hate it gets.
I probably don't like it because I prefer beef brisket over pulled pork and Beef with sweeter sauce just doesn't work right, IMO. And I've never been a fan of vinegar. Like people who put vinegar on fries are aliens to me.

But when it comes to all BBQ/Open flame type food, nothing beats a good old Maryland Pit Beef sammich. I already know which two stands I am stopping at on my trip to Md next week.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a co-worker who says the best in Atlanta (chain wise) is Raising Canes. I never saw one when there but he said there is one in Athens.
Zaxby's is good.

We have Cane's here and it is so incredibly meh. Literally only has three items on the menu. Chicken fingers, cole slaw and fries. And everything comes with Texas Toast. Now if we could get a Zaxby's...

I probably don't like it because I prefer beef brisket over pulled pork and Beef with sweeter sauce just doesn't work right, IMO. And I've never been a fan of vinegar. Like people who put vinegar on fries are aliens to me.

But when it comes to all BBQ/Open flame type food, nothing beats a good old Maryland Pit Beef sammich. I already know which two stands I am stopping at on my trip to Md next week.
You're not wrong about the sweeter sauce on beef.

Also, I love vinegar on fries. Or onion rings.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OH yeah been to Zaxby's they are worth it. As for Raising Canes, I figured it was nothing special since in the Atlanta area there is only one. In Atlanta I think the three staple restaurants are Mexican, Fried Chicken and BBQ. If you go to ANY of these and wait for a seat it better the best ever since there is one at every corner.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Raising Canes for the first time on a recent road trip. I fully agree with 43's assessment of "meh."

We do have Zaxbys around here too. I don't put it in the same category as Bojangle's or Chick-fil-A for some reason, even though I should. I don't know how to say it other than I just see Zaxbys as...Zaxbys. Do love the Buffalo chicken tenders on Texas toast. So good.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had Raising Canes for the first time on a recent road trip. I fully agree with 43's assessment of "meh."

We do have Zaxbys around here too. I don't put it in the same category as Bojangle's or Chick-fil-A for some reason, even though I should. I don't know how to say it other than I just see Zaxbys as...Zaxbys. Do love the Buffalo chicken tenders on Texas toast. So good.
Zaxby's doesn't feel like "fast food" to me either. Or at least it's the fast food like Five Guys or Chipotle as opposed to Burger King or Taco Bell if that makes sense. Just feels "better".

Bojangles just announced they are opening a bunch of places here in Columbus. Plus we're getting Sheetz convenience stores and everyone is all excited. I'm just sitting here waiting for Zaxby's and Royal Farms. These people just don't know.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zaxby's doesn't feel like "fast food" to me either. Or at least it's the fast food like Five Guys or Chipotle as opposed to Burger King or Taco Bell if that makes sense. Just feels "better".

Bojangles just announced they are opening a bunch of places here in Columbus. Plus we're getting Sheetz convenience stores and everyone is all excited. I'm just sitting here waiting for Zaxby's and Royal Farms. These people just don't know.
Ummm Sheetz MTO is really meh and just another gas station food place. Used to get the cheap hotdogs there but now really don't get any food.

And I agree about Zaxby's they do a better job of making it seem less like fast food vs other places.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfft...the only BBQ worth it, are Ham Barbeque's made in the crock pot. :) You have to be from Pittsburgh to get the reference.

Seriously though, Korean Pulled pork BBQ is my favorite.
Oh gawd, my mother used to make that all the time. My dad loved it. I can’t stand it!

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say it, but that was a beauty by TB

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m in the minority in this series. Oh well. Go Spokane!

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That TB power play is just deadly

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gawd, my mother used to make that all the time. My dad loved it. I can’t stand it!
Yeah it all came down to if they purchased Isaly’s chipped ham or the awful shop-n-save brand and then what was the base of the BBQ sauce. Don’t ask what my mom did it was god awful, it had to do mainly with Ketchup and I am the only person from Pittsburgh that hates ketchup.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it all came down to if they purchased Isaly’s chipped ham or the awful shop-n-save brand and then what was the base of the BBQ sauce. Don’t ask what my mom did it was god awful, it had to do mainly with Ketchup and I am the only person from Pittsburgh that hates ketchup.
Funny enough, I used to like ketchup when younger but I think the last several years I’ve been turned off by it. I’ll still use it on the most rare of occasions, but even with fries I’ll either use malt vinegar or just eat them plain