• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC crying about Harbaugh coming to Florida for spring break

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell me where I'm wrong.

Why? Is reading the same thing from me suddenly going to make it click? Or is it because you couldn't be bothered to read it to start with?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
57677684.jpg

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Is reading the same thing from me suddenly going to make it click? Or is it because you couldn't be bothered to read it to start with?
Obviously u got something out of it I didn't. Then again, I gave you an article where Saban literally is quoted saying he doesn't grey shirt players to push them out of a recruiting class and you called me a liar.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously u got something out of it I didn't. Then again, I gave you an article where Saban literally is quoted saying he doesn't grey shirt players to push them out of a recruiting class and you called me a liar.

I did, because I actually read it.

And a greyshirt by function pushes a kid out of the recruiting class and adds them to the the next. You know, the entire reason people get upset about it. Saban was saying he still wants them on the team, as has been pointed out to you multiple times.

You then doubled down on your ignorance by trying to say players are greyshirted in order to meet the SEC rule. But then you take someone like Christian Bell, who was part of the 2015 class, but had to greyshirt. And he greyshirted even though we only signed 24 in 2015 for the class, and that is including him.

So why did he greyshirt? Because of the 85 scholarship limit.

Bradley Bozeman is another one you keep mentioning. He actually didn't greyshirting. He was told he would, but then room opened up on the roster during the summer and he took the spot and enrolled like normal. Was this also because of the SEC 25 limit? No. Once again it was because of the 85 scholarship limit.

You just keep making shit up, can't even read your own article and then blame everyone else as being the ignorant one.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did, because I actually read it.

And a greyshirt by function pushes a kid out of the recruiting class and adds them to the the next. You know, the entire reason people get upset about it. Saban was saying he still wants them on the team, as has been pointed out to you multiple times.

You then doubled down on your ignorance by trying to say players are greyshirted in order to meet the SEC rule. But then you take someone like Christian Bell, who was part of the 2015 class, but had to greyshirt. And he greyshirted even though we only signed 24 in 2015 for the class, and that is including him.

So why did he greyshirt? Because of the 85 scholarship limit.

Bradley Bozeman is another one you keep mentioning. He actually didn't greyshirting. He was told he would, but then room opened up on the roster during the summer and he took the spot and enrolled like normal. Was this also because of the SEC 25 limit? No. Once again it was because of the 85 scholarship limit.

You just keep making shit up, can't even read your own article and then blame everyone else as being the ignorant one.
I didn't repeatedly mention Bozeman and I have no issue with Bell, who was told a couple months ahead of time and agreed to it.
I've also said I don't have an issue with grey shirting. I have an issue when a coach will say he isn't doing it to push a recruit out of the current recruiting class and that is EXACTLY what he is doing.
All I've said from the beginning is -- every coach at a major college program is doing everything in their power to make the rules benefit themselves. You seem to think Saban is doing this to "benefit" the recruit and give him an extra year. He is doing it to get around either the 25 SEC limit or the 85 NCAA limit.
If it didn't benefit 'Bama or in my case Michigan, the coaches wouldn't do it.

Is it shady to pull a scholarship a few weeks before signing day. Yes. Is it shady to tell a recruit they have to grey shirt a few weeks before signing day. Yes.
Is it shady to hold practice at the high school where many of the top recruits attend school? Yes. Was it shady when Alabama did and then paid to upgrade the high schools facilities? Yes.

Sankey and the SEC can complain and talk about player/ time constraints and a level playing field, but that has nothing to do with why they are against the Florida trip. It is getting a competitive edge.
If the SEC was all about a level playing field with the other power conferences. It is simple. Make the rules the same for everyone. No special admissions to athletes who don't meet the minimum requirements.
Make it an actual level playing field. Obviously some school hold academic standards much higher, like Stanford and Northwestern. Find a happy medium from the NCAA floor requorements and everyone else. Let's make it level on everything.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the-saturdays-pillow-fight-o.gif

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't repeatedly mention Bozeman and I have no issue with Bell, who was told a couple months ahead of time and agreed to it.
I've also said I don't have an issue with grey shirting. I have an issue when a coach will say he isn't doing it to push a recruit out of the current recruiting class and that is EXACTLY what he is doing.
All I've said from the beginning is -- every coach at a major college program is doing everything in their power to make the rules benefit themselves. You seem to think Saban is doing this to "benefit" the recruit and give him an extra year. He is doing it to get around either the 25 SEC limit or the 85 NCAA limit.

Is it shady to pull a scholarship a few weeks before signing day. Yes. Is it shady to tell a recruit they have to grey shirt a few weeks before signing day. Yes.
Is it shady to hold practice at the high school where many of the top recruits attend school? Yes. Was it shady when Alabama did and then paid to upgrade the high schools facilities? Yes.

Sankey and the SEC can complain and talk about player/ time constraints and a level playing field, but that has nothing to do with why they are against the Florida trip. It is getting a competitive edge.
If the SEC was all about a level playing field with the other power conferences. It is simple. Make the rules the same for everyone. No special admissions to athletes who don't meet the minimum requirements.
Make it an actual level playing field. Obviously some school hold academic standards much higher, like Stanford and Northwestern. Find a happy medium from the NCAA floor requorements and everyone else. Let's make it level on everything.

Damn you are one dumb giant gigantic stupid sumbeech. HaHa committed to Bama in April 2010. 8 months before Saban even knew he would be in Orlando for a bowl game. As for any upgrades, read the truth.

Nothing outlandish about Tide's practice preparations

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You read it on the internet SweetWalker. It must be true.
I need to Internet to decipher your jokes. I like to laugh as much as the next guy, but have no clue what you are even talking about. Now get back to the fry station before you get demoted to mop duties

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need to Internet to decipher your jokes. I like to laugh as much as the next guy, but have no clue what you are even talking about. Now get back to the fry station before you get demoted to mop duties

I'm talking about all your ridiculous claims thet you've yet to back up.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dog-chasing-tail-o.gif