• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SEC Could Set NFL Draft First Round Distinction

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"...the three schools with the most NCAA team championships belong to the Pac-12 (UCLA, Stanford and USC, in that order)."

That counts :2cents:

Like I said I grabbed if from the beginning to the first period.

and i looked it up as of right now Oregon has 21 titles in the various sports.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I'm not really an SEC hater. I just play the part. That is, unless someone is just being a dick. The power in the SEC aren't the ones that are normally chanting SEC. It's usually the coattailers. It really doesn't matter to me as long as my team is winning.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!:agree:

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bragging about the accomplishments of the PAC while Oregon is not one of the mentioned teams is EXACTLY what White Mamba is talking about.

If you have an issue with his comments, I suggest you take it up with your fellow fan. :rollseyes:

But but but... We were talking about team sec... Not an irrelevant Oregon team that has never won anything notable!

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I grabbed if from the beginning to the first period.

and i looked it up as of right now Oregon has 21 titles in the various sports.

What are these "various sports" you speak of? Nothing matters but football!

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont' worry Edisto... if you like SEC hate.. there will be plenty of it coming over from the CBS boards. It was a SEC bash fest over there...

We could win a quadruple elimination tournament played in Columbus and there would still be conspiracy theories about ESPN, CBS, etc.. all supporting the evil SEC.

Oh yeah, and the SEC doesn't travel for OOC game...
All the bowls are played in the South which give us an unfair advantage..
etc. etc.... I have heard it all.

:drool:

I'm gonna eat these motherfuckers for lunch!!

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem we had on CBS was a at least 2 B1G posters I know created secondary accounts under SEC names and trolled constantly giving many SEC fans a bad name. I am hoping they don't come over to these boards and start the same thing.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But but but... We were talking about team sec... Not an irrelevant Oregon team that has never won anything notable!

Bro, Keep in mind to Oregon fans what the team has accomplished means a great deal to us. As Duck fans the ultimate goal has always been a Rose Bowl victory, And until 2011-12 Oregon hadnt accomplished this in 90+ years ok. We enjoy the success the team has had. And to us it is very relevant.

To even be mentioned as a NATTY contender is a huge deal for a team that used to pray for a .500 record only 20 years ago.

We are not Bama, tOSU, Michigan, FSU, OKY, Texas, USC or any other traditional power. Any level headed Duck fan realizes this. Our expectations are high. But our fans dont measure relevancy on NATTY trophies. I guess our expectations aren't like traditional powers.

We Duck fans hope like hell we can get a crystal football some day and most of us believe it is coming.

I would give a pinky finger to have Oregon go on a run such as 80s Nebraska, current Bama, or FLA few years ago.

A gracious CFB fan is a great CFB fan indeed... Humble pie is best served warm...

GL2U and Bama in 2013

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they set oversigning records, what do you expect?

Waaahhh.

Not true ... SEC now has a soft 25 player cap. UF and UGa have been against the oversigning, and it appears the SEC has moved to stop it.

I am a SEC homer. But, I really don't care what SEC players other than my Dawgs and Dores get drafted. What next ... we'll be pulling for other schools to recruit well? I'm all for conference nut swinging, but not for the NFL draft. One has to choose their nut swinging opportunities carefully.:bounce:
(that's as close to a nut swinging smiley as I could find).

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waaahhh.

Not true ... SEC now has a soft 25 player cap. UF and UGa have been against the oversigning, and it appears the SEC has moved to stop it.

I am a SEC homer. But, I really don't care what SEC players other than my Dawgs and Dores get drafted. What next ... we'll be pulling for other schools to recruit well? I'm all for conference nut swinging, but not for the NFL draft. One has to choose their nut swinging opportunities carefully.:bounce:

Good point LawDawg. The great folks at SportsHoopla need to create a nutswinging smiley...

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I dont hate any team in the SEC. Only hate the Domers and the Fuskies...

But I cant stand SEC nutswingin. And to be honest I never see it from FLA, Bama, and rarely LSU... HMMM wonder why.

If the Fuskies or USC or any other team is successful it makes me wanna ralph...

The SEC is the current undisputed king of CFB. But it comes from 4 or 5 teams. The other ones are the clitswingers...

Until the SEC is dethroned they are kings. To be the best you gotta beat the best and right now that is the SEC more specific BAMA....
The correct way SEC. ALA. SEC ALA. ALA

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone in the SEC has an OOC schedule that is sad.

Says the fan of the team that had this OOC last year:

Wyoming
New Mexico
Ole Miss

So I see that OOC idiocy wasn't unique to the CBS boards.

Here are OOC facts:

• No team plays a killer OOC year in and year out.
  • Occasionally and at most, a team might play two tough OOC, a medium OOC and a cupcake.
  • Most teams in a given year will play a tough/medium OOC and 3 cupcakes ... it's just the formula for success at this time.
  • Any fan that wants to rip other school's OOC - remember, we can find several years in your past or future where your OOC sucks, so give it a rest.
  • Good fans want a better OOC, but are naturally torn between better games and understanding that in the current environment you risk your Natty opportunity by doing so. Point me to the team that scheduled a tough OOC and won the NC. Crickets.
/OOC Thread

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point LawDawg. The great folks at SportsHoopla need to create a nutswinging smiley...

I want an "SEC SEC SEC" smiley, too. Have to have both to cover both sides of the debate.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ all of your teams.

Also, SEC!

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem we had on CBS was a at least 2 B1G posters I know created secondary accounts under SEC names and trolled constantly giving many SEC fans a bad name. I am hoping they don't come over to these boards and start the same thing.

There are no trolls here, you will see jokes from us SEC guys, but no trolling. I think the closest we come to a troll sometimes is OD(OregonDucks), and he ain't SEC. That's why this place is so much better than any other.

So if someone is straight up being a douche and trolling, then that's probably them.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no trolls here, you will see jokes from us SEC guys, but no trolling. I think the closest we come to a troll sometimes is OD(OregonDucks), and he ain't SEC. That's why this place is so much better than any other.

So if someone is straight up being a douche and trolling, then that's probably them.

Or they are drunk.

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waaahhh.

Oversigning does not mean signing more than 25 recruits in a year. Oversigning means signing more recruits than you are losing in upperclassmen. If you are losing 14 players to graduation/draft then signing 25 recruits in the same season is oversigning. That means 11 people have got to go somewhere. With that said the SEC's new 25 limit seems irrelevant anyways with A&M signing 31, UGA signing 33, and Florida signing 29 in the 2013 cycle.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oversigning does not mean signing more than 25 recruits in a year. Oversigning means signing more recruits than you are losing in upperclassmen. If you are losing 14 players to graduation/draft then signing 25 recruits in the same season is oversigning. That means 11 people have got to go somewhere. With that said the SEC's new 25 limit seems irrelevant anyways with A&M signing 31, UGA signing 33, and Florida signing 29 in the 2013 cycle.

Perhaps they undersigned the previous year. Perhaps there were injuries or other holes to fill, other than drafted/graduated. Perhaps players know they want to sign with a school even knowing they aren't promised a spot, and will then juco it with the feather in their cap that a major school wanted them once and they might transfer after a year.

Just looking at numbers off the top isn't very telling.