• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seattle Defense vs. Manning

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm....... Another reason our offense sucked royally?

Richard Sherman Says Seahawks Deciphered Peyton Manning's Hand Signals | Bleacher Report

The Seattle Seahawks dominated the Broncos from start to finish on Sunday and ended up with an impressive 43-8 victory. They held the Broncos off the scoreboard until the final play of the third quarter. Yes, the offense that set numerous NFL records this year was held scoreless for 45 minutes.
How did Seattle's "Legion of Boom" do it?
According to Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, the defense figured out Manning's hand signals. Here's what the corner had to say to The MMQB's Robert Klemko:
"All we did was play situational football. We knew what route concepts they liked on different downs, so we jumped all the routes. Then we figured out the hand signals for a few of the route audibles in the first half.
Me, Earl [Thomas], Kam [Chancellor]… we’re not just three All-Pro players. We’re three All-Pro minds."

And to add insult to injury:

Sherman admitted that the defense could have been burned by gambling on the hand signals.
"Now, if Peyton had thrown in some double moves, if he had gone out of character, we could’ve been exposed," Sherman told Klemko

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish Sherman would shut his fucking mouth. Go to Disneyland dude, and back the hell up for a minute.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry....I'm still feeling pretty hostile today.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish Sherman would shut his fucking mouth. Go to Disneyland dude, and back the hell up for a minute.

He was in an interview. Not much he can do but answer the questions he's asked. Well, I guess he could have pulled a Marshawn Lynch and just stared at Klemko for an hour.

The important takeaway here is that Manning needs to start taking these things into account if he's going to enjoy postseason success. Gase and Manning should have also mixed up their situational preferences too. The more I read, the more I get the feeling that Denver didn't do much to throw Seattle off of what they learned on film.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry....I'm still feeling pretty hostile today.

If true, why would they say anything? It kind of takes away the thought of their defense being elite.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If true, why would they say anything? It kind of takes away the thought of their defense being elite.

Not really. They figured out how to slow down this offense. How they did it doesn't take away from that.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah heard that and if they did.. brilliant! Hey everyone was saying how do you stop Manning and their coaching staff decifered some thing? Kudos to Seattle. I`am also sure that it wouldn`t have mattered if Denvers offense out dueled the Seattle D also. Fact is they beat us bad and even if we knew every play they called, we`ld still got our butts kicked. Its called Street fight vs some karate bozo......Street fighter wins everytime:)

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hardly. There is more to a defense or offense than the physical aspect. Or do you really believe the LoB is that much more physically gifted than everyone else in the NFL. I somehow doubt the average 40 time for the Seahawks defense is like 3.09 and they each bench 225 lbs 56 times.

Nope, I think this proves the the seahawks D and their coaches are very good. No matter how they got it done, they got it done.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly. There is more to a defense or offense than the physical aspect. Or do you really believe the LoB is that much more physically gifted than everyone else in the NFL. I somehow doubt the average 40 time for the Seahawks defense is like 3.09 and they each bench 225 lbs 56 times.

Nope, I think this proves the the seahawks D and their coaches are very good. No matter how they got it done, they got it done.

57 times actually