• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sean Payton

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly there is a chance he leaves the Saints after this season. It would be somewhat unfair to can Jim Tomsula after one season because this year's Niners team is such crap, but if we have a chance at Sean Payton, we gotta give it our best effort. I know I'm like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber dreaming about that one in a million chance, but whatever, I need some hope to hang onto.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. If we have a shot at a guy of his caliber, we need to jump on it. I'd be surprised to see that happen though.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the question is, if Drew Brees is to leave, would you want him here with Sean Payton? On one hand, he can throw for a lot of yards and a lot touchdowns. On the other hand, we don't have a very good team around him. He can make some of the receivers better and some of the line better, but the team should be somewhere around where New Orleans is these past two years and that's not very good. It would be an upgrade to who we have right now, but would you rather have Sean Payton develop a different quarterback who could be here longer?

One option would be to get Brees and draft a quarterback behind him to be developed, but then would you just take New Orleans' third string back up that Payton drafted right now? Yes, since Luke McCown was the quarterback to start when Brees was out it's clear that he's not ready to do spot duty, but again, we don't have a very good team. Maybe the third string quarterback has a longer potential career here (with Payton) then Brees since Brees wouldn't likely give us the one ring before he leaves.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now the question is, if Drew Brees is to leave, would you want him here with Sean Payton? On one hand, he can throw for a lot of yards and a lot touchdowns. On the other hand, we don't have a very good team around him. He can make some of the receivers better and some of the line better, but the team should be somewhere around where New Orleans is these past two years and that's not very good. It would be an upgrade to who we have right now, but would you rather have Sean Payton develop a different quarterback who could be here longer?

One option would be to get Brees and draft a quarterback behind him to be developed, but then would you just take New Orleans' third string back up that Payton drafted right now? Yes, since Luke McCown was the quarterback to start when Brees was out it's clear that he's not ready to do spot duty, but again, we don't have a very good team. Maybe the third string quarterback has a longer potential career here (with Payton) then Brees since Brees wouldn't likely give us the one ring before he leaves.

Brees could be a bridge to a new rookie QB, but I believe he is due a lot of money and it wouldn't be worth paying him all that based on where this team is right now. If he is cut and is willing to play for a reasonable salary, then it might make sense.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Supposedly there is a chance he leaves the Saints after this season. It would be somewhat unfair to can Jim Tomsula after one season because this year's Niners team is such crap, but if we have a chance at Sean Payton, we gotta give it our best effort. I know I'm like Jim Carrey in Dumb and Dumber dreaming about that one in a million chance, but whatever, I need some hope to hang onto.

Whether Tomsula is retained might depend on where this team ends up. If it finishes at 3-13 then maybe tomsula gets the axe. Recent media speculation is he will be here next year.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether Tomsula is retained might depend on where this team ends up. If it finishes at 3-13 then maybe tomsula gets the axe. Recent media speculation is he will be here next year.

Niners have a chance against the Lions and the Browns. If the Niners end up 6-10, I think Tomsula will be the coach next year. I think the one that should be fired is Baalke, but that is a pipe dream.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners have a chance against the Lions and the Browns. If the Niners end up 6-10, I think Tomsula will be the coach next year. I think the one that should be fired is Baalke, but that is a pipe dream.

If Tomsula is retained, no way Baalke is canned. Tomsula would be the first one to go.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton? If we're in bizarro world only - and here's why.

1) Jed York says he wants to 'win with class.' Take it for what it's worth, but do you see York green lighting the hiring, when it was that HC who was in command of the team that was punished with BountyGate? The whole thing that started with the Saints vs 49ers in the playoffs?

2) If rumours are indeed true that Adam Gase walked away from us because of some forced agreement to keep Tomsula....do you think anybody with the credibility of Sean Payton is gonna look our way? The reality is that we might be stuck with clown shows for a while, unless another Jim Harbaugh type shows up (not likely)

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SP would tell both Baalke and Jed to pound sand.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to piss in our corn flakes Uh, you know just when to show up and asshole it up! :suds:
Mrs Uh would tell you I am a natural at being an asshole. Some of us gifted ones don't even have to try.