• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks G.O.A.T.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted on the other thread and I feel like your list was pretty accurate.

As to who the greatest Seahawks QB of all time is, if you don't include Wilson in the conversation (since he only has 2 years in the league) I think it has to go to Matt Hasselbeck. Hasselbeck lead us to our first Superbowl appearance, lead us to 5 straight playoff appearances and was a 3 time Pro-Bowler.

It obviously comes between Krieg and Hasselbeck, but I would personally give the nod to Hasselbeck. Russell Wilson looks as if he will be the clear #1 QB in franchise history though due to his Superbowl win.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it really does have to be Hasselbeck. Moon didn't play with Seattle long enough, Wilson hasn't either. Zorn is a fan favorite, but in reality he was a good fit for the expansion team, but as the team got better, he just wasn't able to be good enough. Actually, the only guys who startered for more than 2 years at this point, is Hasselbeck, Krieg, Zorn and Mirer (who didn't start in the NFL long enough to make the list above).

If Wilson plays even close to his first two years level for the next eight years, he'll be by far the best Seahawk QB, and he'll find himself pretty high on lists like this one.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moon doesn't get the nod from me because I consider him an Oilers and not a true Seahawk despite the fact that he went to college here and has great ties with the city and the NW. He played like what? 2 seasons here?

Hasselbeck on the other hand was the best QB imo (taking Wilson out of the equation).

I still have a lot of respect for Moon, but I don't think he should be that high up on the list. I'd put him behind Krieg and Hasselbeck.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list should be ranked on body of work while they were Seahawks. I don't care what they did playing for other teams. I'm not about to call Jerry Rice the greatest Seahawk GOAT receiver.

Hasselbeck is #1 on Seahawks body of work till Wilson or another knocks him off. Wilson is already shooting up the ranks at bullet speed, but still needs a few more years of playing like he has till I call him Seahawks QB GOAT.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hass did the most for us as a Seahawk (except for Wilson of course) so he has to be the best for now. Moon could have been had he played in Seattle longer. Moon is the reason I'm a Seahawk fan today so I'm always a little biased towards him. I was a huge Edmonton Eskimo's fan as a kid (being Canadian) and watching Moon win 4 Grey Cups was incredible for me. When he started playing in Seattle I was hooked. Been a 12th man ever since.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has a way to go to break Hasselbeck's franchise records but I don't see why he can't as long as he stays healthy.

Although he just broke the most important one. You know, the one about the QB with the most rings!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list should be ranked on body of work while they were Seahawks. I don't care what they did playing for other teams. I'm not about to call Jerry Rice the greatest Seahawk GOAT receiver.

Maybe the title of the thread is throwing people off. The thread was started to let people know about the list I posted on the general board, which is a career totals list. I threw out the players who played for Seattle and their rankings on that list. Only Jim Zorn, Dave Krieg and Matt Hasselbeck are listed because of their time in Seattle, the rest spent a majority of their careers elsewhere.