• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seager's flying bat revisited

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys remember when the M's were in Houston and Seager accidentally lost control of his bat and it went flying into the stands? Well, this resulted from that:

Cute4: Mariners' Kyle Seager gets adorable letter from boy who caught his bat | MLB.com

It's a bit hard to read since a little kid wrote it, but it roughly translates to this (spell-check withheld for authenticity):

dear Mr. Seager,

my name is Lyle Raymond. yor bat landed on me. I am ok. thanks for giving me the thums up wen you wen on farst base. i like the astrows but I will cheer you on to. I gave back yor bat becus you had a big hiting streek with that bat. I hope you have more hits with that bat.

Your fan,
Lyle

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying not to be too cynical, but does anyone have any video of that swing? It could be legit, but as sloppy as that letter is, could this be some grown man trying to cheat some signed memorabilia out of Seager? I don't know. If it's legit it's sweet. If not it's kinda pathetic.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying not to be too cynical, but does anyone have any video of that swing? It could be legit, but as sloppy as that letter is, could this be some grown man trying to cheat some signed memorabilia out of Seager? I don't know. If it's legit it's sweet. If not it's kinda pathetic.

I saw it on TV when it happened. The bat went flying into the stands right into some people and I remember Seager looking over there several times for as long as he could get away with looking over there and he had a concerned look on his face the entire time. I honestly don't remember if a little kid was among the group of people sitting where the bat landed, but I have no reason to doubt that there was or that this letter is legit. I've seen evidence of how I wrote when I was a kid and it looked similar to the writing of this kid. I know it is easy to be cynical about a lot of things in this day and age and I'm not saying that an adult wouldn't stoop to this level to get some signed stuff, but I just don't get that vibe in this case.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it on TV when it happened. The bat went flying into the stands right into some people and I remember Seager looking over there several times for as long as he could get away with looking over there and he had a concerned look on his face the entire time. I honestly don't remember if a little kid was among the group of people sitting where the bat landed,

There was a kid hit, I remeber the TV guys saying it was a "little guy " was hit, Seager was shaken by it, he delayed in the box, then at one point when he got to first he was looking right at the family and Seager was holding up a thumbs up and motioning his head up and down like he was getting an update on the kid...