• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scraping the Bottom of the Barrel: Does this mean anything?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Bobrovsky Make This Year's Flyers Roster?

Interesting that Zherdev has already lost his No. 9 jersey to Bill Guerin, who is here on a tryout.

Zherdev was assigned Petr Nedved’s old No. 93. Zherdev’s locker was moved beside Michael Leighton, while Guerin was assigned his stall near Jeff Carter.

Does this hint a Guerin signing?

I said this is scraping the bottom...I need hockey.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only a day and a half more and we can watch the flyers rookies play the caps rookies.. i expect you all to watch that game and take good notes.. i can only watch like the first 15 minutes cause i have a design meeting.. i expect a full recap

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but i dont think zherdev really cared about his number, if i remember correctly he was 93 for the jackets?

locker moving is strange i guess.. but i thought guerin would be a flyer since they said he was skating with the team..

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
heck i'm simply tickled pink that we even have a goalie in the system that seems to have potential. we are simply due, no other words to explain it. this drought has got to end.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can Bobrovsky Make This Year's Flyers Roster?

Does this hint a Guerin signing?

I said this is scraping the bottom...I need hockey.

It doesn't mean anything.

only a day and a half more and we can watch the flyers rookies play the caps rookies.. i expect you all to watch that game and take good notes.. i can only watch like the first 15 minutes cause i have a design meeting.. i expect a full recap

I promise you, there will be a GDT.

but i dont think zherdev really cared about his number, if i remember correctly he was 93 for the jackets?

He was 13 on both the Rangers and Blue Jackets.

heck i'm simply tickled pink that we even have a goalie in the system that seems to have potential.

You seem a little off-topic. Nobody mentioned Joacim Eriksson before you. :D

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
to touch on a few things mentioned..

in my opinion, guerins practically a done deal. i forsee boucher being waived or traded, and one of carcillo or powe to be moved to make room for guerin. i want to keep powe, because he's a valuable 4th liner role player who can kill penalties and would be a shame to lose him and only have guerin for a year. as much as i love carcillo - when hes on his game hes SO effective - hes probably the most expendable player on this team right now. i'd say shelly was..but at 1.1 mil hes going to be impossible to move...plus homer would never move him because it would mean admitting that he was wrong.

on bobrovsky..

with all the hype he's getting..and just through my own personal research..i really think he's going to be on this team by january/february. he's already an upgrade over boucher, and if he's ready right off the bat, i dont think the flyers are going to hesitate to put him on the opening day roster..but more realistically i think they are going to season him with 20-30 games on the phantoms and do something similar with what they did with giroux.

on zherdev..
hes not getting 13 because thats carbombs number. and back to guerin..if zherdev wanted 9..and isnt getting it because of guerin using it..i think its safe to say guerins gonna be on the team. not letting a signed member of the team use a number cause of a guy on a try out? more or less means guerin will be signed. just my 2 cents

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on bobrovsky..

with all the hype he's getting..and just through my own personal research..i really think he's going to be on this team by january/february. he's already an upgrade over boucher, and if he's ready right off the bat, i dont think the flyers are going to hesitate to put him on the opening day roster..but more realistically i think they are going to season him with 20-30 games on the phantoms and do something similar with what they did with giroux.

Bobrovsky is the most expensive goalie in the entire organization right now. If the Flyers, scratch that... When the Flyers make a move to better the team, there will be even less cap room for him than there is now. The only way Bobrovsky makes this team at any point this year is injuries to at least 2 of the guys ahead of him (1 of which being Leighton, or an injury to an expensive forward), or he puts up numbers that are beyond comprehension and becomes a can't-miss, Patrick-Roy-crossed-with-Brodeur-and-Hasek-with-some-Gretzky-sprinkled-in prospect, making Leighton expendable.

That's not even mentioning the transition from Russia to North America.

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You seem a little off-topic. Nobody mentioned Joacim Eriksson before you.

...the article was about bobrovsky. not that i don't like eriksson, i do. i just said flat out, the flyers are due to get lucky on a goalie. 2 decades is a long streak of bad luck.

bobrovsky will play in the phantoms no matter what he does in camp. i can't remember the last time the flyers management handed the keys to the car to a rookie right out of the gate. so leighton will start the season and hopefully "bob" will take his job after christmas.