• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Scott Frost New Head Coach at UCF

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought someone had posted it maybe in last year's thread when we were looking for a coach. but many speculated SF's offense wouldn't look exactly like the Oregon offense because he would do more option. wasn't that the case or am i misremembering?
He said previously that if he had his way he would run a different offense. Looks like that's not necessarily the case.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said previously that if he had his way he would run a different offense. Looks like that's not necessarily the case.

He only said "they would be more physical", like in the old Husker days.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Combining Tom Osborne’s Nebraska offense with Chip Kelly’s Oregon offense? The stuff dreams are made of | Smart Football

I’ve actually been going to work trying to restudy what we used to do at Nebraska. . . . [W]hat we ran at Nebraska in a lot of ways is very similar to what Oregon runs right now — we’re just out of the shotgun versus under center. But a lot of the concepts of the option game are the same. . . . I would love to see somebody go back to doing what Nebraska used to do. Maybe the Huskers are going to do that this year. Personally, I’d love to someday mix a lot of the concepts that Oregon runs with some of the aspects Nebraska used to run. . . . The one thing I wish we could do at Oregon is be a little more physical. I don’t think that’s a secret. I think everybody on our staff wishes we could be a little more physical on offense. That’s what Nebraska’s calling card was. If we could play fast and physical, I don’t think there’s anybody in the country who could stop us.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He only said "they would be more physical", like in the old Husker days.
Thanks. I couldn't remember exactly what he said or where it was, just remembered it was not the Oregon O entirely. I wonder if a team can be both physical like he wants to be and also play the fast, finesse style that Oregon does.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. I couldn't remember exactly what he said or where it was, just remembered it was not the Oregon O entirely. I wonder if a team can be both physical like he wants to be and also play the fast, finesse style that Oregon does.

He's got the opportunity to give it a try. It's his baby.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's got the opportunity to give it a try. It's his baby.
It just seems like it would be tough to recruit to that...usually you kind of have to pick between fast and physical as an identity. Although if there's anywhere you can find a bevy of talent, it's Florida.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just seems like it would be tough to recruit to that...usually you kind of have to pick between fast and physical as an identity. Although if there's anywhere you can find a bevy of talent, it's Florida.

I think you could run the same playbook, just have a variety of player style in each offensive position.

Guys where you can put all physical on the field at once or all speedy guys on the field at once.

I don't know how scholly limits would affect the ability to do that, but as you pointed out he is in talent rich Florida. I imagine he'll try to install a bigger walk on program like he learned at Nebraska. I wonder if their AD will be open to the additional costs.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly can't imagine why he wouldn't take a job here for millions.

If he proves himself at UCF and Riley isn't working out here we better be the first damned place offering him a good chunk of money.
Don't you find it ironic that we have players recruited to run the Oregon style shotgun spread read-option offense and now Riley is recruiting away from that style. If it happens that Frost ends up here, all the recruiting will be a major task to change back to the spread read-option style again.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Osborne's Offense?

Simple. Have the best and most well-conditioned Offensive Line in the country.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And receivers that blocked.

True. Our WR's are really good on the perimeter though now and have been over the past 6 seasons.

I just wish we could own up front like we used to. But, then again, any team in the country would like to own up front like the '95 Huskers did.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tom Osborne's Offense?

Simple. Have the best and most well-conditioned Offensive Line in the country.

Are you shittin me?! A good running game wouldn't work in this era for Nebraska, or that's what some ill informed people actually believe!!! WOW! NEWSFLASH!... Nebraska already has the foundation for a good running game, but our coach doesn't want to utilize the damn thing, geesh.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you shittin me?! A good running game wouldn't work in this era for Nebraska, or that's what some ill informed people actually believe!!! WOW! NEWSFLASH!... Nebraska already has the foundation for a good running game, but our coach doesn't want to utilize the damn thing, geesh.

We have a very very average Offensive Line right now.

We can't run the ball 90% of the time like we did in the 90's.....that is just a fact.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
True. Our WR's are really good on the perimeter though now and have been over the past 6 seasons.

I just wish we could own up front like we used to. But, then again, any team in the country would like to own up front like the '95 Huskers did.

We won't see this by throwing 50 passes per game, and what scares me is what will happen when Nebraska gets a QB that isn't erratic with his passing? Will we then see 70 passes per game?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have a very very average Offensive Line right now.

We can't run the ball 90% of the time like we did in the 90's.....that is just a fact.

How bout 70 to 80% of the time? With more reps, we actually do have an offensive line with enough upside to get better at running the ball, and some backs that are good enough for Nebraska to become a feared running team.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TO would walk thru the training room ---taking notes
those that werked hard ---got to play
the lazy players watched the game ........FACT !!!

I kind of wonder if this is the reason why Ozigbo didn't get much playing time after the Illinois game when he carried the ball 7 times for 70 yards! I hope he doesn't transfer.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott Frost made a brilliant choice here. Sure, year one will be a huge struggle, but if he can hire some good assistant coaches, he has a tremendous opportunity to build his brand.

Talent rich state of Florida for recruits.
Chose a school that was 0-12, one win is better than zero wins.
He gets to play in the AAC conference, a conference where all the good coaches get hired away from.

BTW, the reason Houston paid so much to keep Herman was because Houston actually thinks they have a shot at a Big 12 invite in the near future.

UCF plays Michigan and Maryland in 2016, which will be interesting.