• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schefter and Florio take an online beating...

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for their comments on boreland retirement at 24.

Dont Worry Guys, Mike Florio And Adam Schefter Are Here To Save The NFL Against The Chris Borlands Of The World - Barstool Sports

Don’t Worry Guys, Mike Florio And Adam Schefter Are Here To Save The NFL Against The Chris Borlands Of The World
Big Cat

| March 17, 9:25 am|16 Comments
SHARE TWEET EMAIL

Here they come to save the dayyyyyy! Love Adam Schefter and Mike Florio being so incredibly scared about the NFL’s future that they have to jump up on their pedestal and let you know how dumb Chris Borland is. Nothing scares these two quite like a player thinking for himself. But how could you leave the NFL? The greatest place on earth? You get paid millions of dollars, what other job pays you that? You can just see their brains spinning in these tweets.

I don’t think anyone actually thinks the NFL is going anywhere, that’s just a straw man argument that people use to then write their story about the NFL’s future. I have yet to see someone real tell me the NFL will be gone in 2o years. They may say it will be different, because it will be, but it’s not going anywhere and people who argue against the made up “The NFL is going to be gone someday” are just fabricating stories to get more views. This particular case is all about options. Chris Borland has options, he is well educated (some may say the best education in the world), he is planning on getting his masters, he has a life after football that makes sense to him and allows him to not have CTE or chronic knee and back pain. On the flip side though, there are many other guys that don’t have those same options. Football and the chance to make millions is their only option for a better life, and those guys will never leave the NFL. But that type of logic and common sense is lost on Schefter and Florio, they just want to get in front of the story, they’re so deathly afraid of a few players looking out for themselves over the league’s best interest that they can’t even stomach it. A player having an option, a choice they can make on their own is the worst possible scenario for these two. Football is the be all end all. Who cares if you put a shotgun in your chest when you’re 50 years old like Dave Duerson, he got to play Football and make millions and have stories written about him by Adam Schefter and Mike Florio, that’s all that matters.

PS

I’ll give Florio credit for this, he always doubles down on his stupidity. Schefter just pretends the outside world doesn’t exist, never engages with dissension.

Florio on the other hand, he’s ready for all your arguments. His uncle died in a coal mine, he gets it.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh snap.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides have a point but the ultimate decision still comes down to the individual. It is his life and he has the right to choose how he should live it. They are right in there are not many careers that these guys could make that much money in and Florio is right in there are other careers that risk great injury as well. Heck I live out in farming country and the farm equipment out here has taken plenty of lives. So there is great risk with that career choice.

Again though they have to realize not everybody cares as much about money. Money is not everything to everybody and if they so choose to go work a job getting $30,000 a year and will be happy then who are we to judge what that person chooses? Borland had a great year in the NFL, made some decent money and now still has his health, a full bank account, and many options I'm sure for careers. I don't know what he majored in but even beyond that some company would view him as a great marketing piece and pay him decent money even if he is not completely qualified for the job.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both sides have a point but the ultimate decision still comes down to the individual. It is his life and he has the right to choose how he should live it. They are right in there are not many careers that these guys could make that much money in and Florio is right in there are other careers that risk great injury as well. Heck I live out in farming country and the farm equipment out here has taken plenty of lives. So there is great risk with that career choice.

Again though they have to realize not everybody cares as much about money. Money is not everything to everybody and if they so choose to go work a job getting $30,000 a year and will be happy then who are we to judge what that person chooses? Borland had a great year in the NFL, made some decent money and now still has his health, a full bank account, and many options I'm sure for careers. I don't know what he majored in but even beyond that some company would view him as a great marketing piece and pay him decent money even if he is not completely qualified for the job.
the last board i was on, we had a guy from NC who's company hired former NFL players to do the old dog n pony show for new clients, big ones. one guy he brought in last year...

ben coates.

kinda funny...he'd say "bens in the office across from me as we speak"

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Schefter working on a Dez Bryant story? One that he has been working on since September? What happened to that epic piece of journalism? Only crickets now about that.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Schefter working on a Dez Bryant story? One that he has been working on since September? What happened to that epic piece of journalism? Only crickets now about that.
"worse than ray rice"

ESPN makes up their news, theyve become foxsports.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it really hard to believe that Borland won't regret the decision in 10 or so years.

And what is worse is that he still probably hasn't changed the chances of him developing a neurological disorder much at all from the way we understand everything at this point. The damage could very well already be done and all he did by pulling out of the NFL is reduce the amount he'll collect from the concussion settlement (payments are in part based on service time) should he develop issues later on in life.

Hopefully the kid has a good backup plan. Wish him nothing but the best. But this is one of those moves you see young kid's make and just kind of shake your head.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup..that's the story. :noidea:
and we still are waiting.......

I thought they were TMZ.
like the whole deflate gate stuff. at least 75% of the "breaking news" was literally made up or went nowhere.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it really hard to believe that Borland won't regret the decision in 10 or so years.

And what is worse is that he still probably hasn't changed the chances of him developing a neurological disorder much at all from the way we understand everything at this point. The damage could very well already be done and all he did by pulling out of the NFL is reduce the amount he'll collect from the concussion settlement (payments are in part based on service time) should he develop issues later on it life.
he said he had one diagnosed concussion playing soccer as a 12 year old and one in highschool.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like the whole deflate gate stuff. at least 75% of the "breaking news" was literally made up or went nowhere.

some of that shit belongs in the lap of the league too regarding deflategate. wonder where that report went? Goofdell shoved it in a drawer.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, Florio is a dipshit asshat.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eff both of these douche castles

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the last board i was on, we had a guy from NC who's company hired former NFL players to do the old dog n pony show for new clients, big ones. one guy he brought in last year...

ben coates.

kinda funny...he'd say "bens in the office across from me as we speak"

See this again is why thinking these guys with the big names can only then go work at McDonalds is just ridiculous. Some company is going to see dollar signs by having an ex-NFL player on the staff and will hire him for a decent contract. His one year in the league probably just got him a contract worth at least $80,000 a year sitting at a desk. Maybe even more as he is a decent name on the market now for companies.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some of that shit belongs in the lap of the league too regarding deflategate. wonder where that report went? Goofdell shoved it in a drawer.
The investigation "results" will come in 2 days before the draft. Then it will be buried by the draft.
Mike Kensil will "retire" awhile after.....

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The investigation "results" will come in 2 days before the draft. Then it will be buried by the draft.
Mike Kensil will "retire" awhile after.....

but I want Kensil to get hanged by his balls outside Gillette Stadium and the fans can use him as a fucking pinata.