• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Schedule next year

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is why no one can rationally debate the trade. When you believe the end all be all was getting our guy, it throws any possible examination of the deal out the window. The Texans and Falcons have no bearing on this topic. Sure, we got our guy. But if we are a worse team with no direction two years after getting our guy......

how do you know that this season isnt the detroit lions part 2 ?

i bring up the other teams because they fell flat on their fans expectations as well yet there is very little rumbling that the falcons shouldnt have traded up and overpaid for julio jones

again i dont get how you advocate gutting drafts for other qbs and then when we do it for our own well now we have a bunch of idiots for making the trade

Rg3 is better then either bradford or sanchez . in the end when all of this melodrama is over Rg3 will be right up there with the best

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad... not going to get into a long drawn out on this with you again. I stated, I think it is very possible we got the wrong guy. I was not a fan of an option QB with zero training from under center as being our guy. I looked at the reality of the fact that getting Griffin would either be a master stroke, or a massive fuckup. And no there is no in between on that one. Now Im going to leave it alone because until it fails miserably you wont even accept that it could have been a mistake. And IM not going to proclaim it as a good move until it pays off in the only measurable way that could make it a good move. When we get a Lombardi because of him, it was worth it. Personally I think the bar is at two, but I have been told thats unrealistic.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad... not going to get into a long drawn out on this with you again. I stated, I think it is very possible we got the wrong guy. I was not a fan of an option QB with zero training from under center as being our guy. I looked at the reality of the fact that getting Griffin would either be a master stroke, or a massive fuckup. And no there is no in between on that one. Now Im going to leave it alone because until it fails miserably you wont even accept that it could have been a mistake. And IM not going to proclaim it as a good move until it pays off in the only measurable way that could make it a good move. When we get a Lombardi because of him, it was worth it. Personally I think the bar is at two, but I have been told thats unrealistic.

I don't think your stance is unreasonable at all. Nothing more can really be debated in so far as value until more time has passed. Given the current state of affairs, there is a lot of room for doubt. No one WANTS to see the worst case scenario occur in terms of our QB choice. We are all on the same page here. We all want our team and Griff to succeed. :suds:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i am not going to accept it was a mistake when we arent even out of year 2 yet . you have already written off and have said so

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not going to accept it was a mistake when we arent even out of year 2 yet . you have already written off and have said so

I honestly don't think Shark wants you to accept that it was a mistake. Guess I could be wrong on that, but I don't think so. I think he just wants the right to his opinion without being called melodramatic. Maybe that you feel he's 'over reacting' would be a better response on your part - just a thought.

I didn't take Sharks posts as writing griff off. I saw it as frustration with the current level of performance and doubt as to future development with this coaching, talent and lack of draft picks. Don't think there's anything wrong with that. (tho personally, I wouldn't have minded a few less 'RGme' references... I did get why he was angry.)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't think Shark wants you to accept that it was a mistake. Guess I could be wrong on that, but I don't think so. I think he just wants the right to his opinion without being called melodramatic. Maybe that you feel he's 'over reacting' would be a better response on your part - just a thought.

I didn't take Sharks posts as writing griff off. I saw it as frustration with the current level of performance and doubt as to future development with this coaching, talent and lack of draft picks. Don't think there's anything wrong with that. (tho personally, I wouldn't have minded a few less 'RGme' references... I did get why he was angry.)

dude, i have debated shark going on a decade . he knows me and i know him ( at least the redskins forum selves ) and he is a classic doom and gloomer . nothing wrong with that nor is it for me to be the classic rose colored glasses wearing homer

as for his posts the "questioning " turned to writing off when he said he was . i didnt say it , he said it he said the trade was a mistake which means what ? after less then 2 seasons he is writing him off

calling him RGME or asking who he is going to throw under a bus now isnt "questioning " that is a heck of a lot more

now he can put out his opinion and that is fine . and he should expect that if i disagree with his assessment i will retort just as he would me .

me personally i dont think he is being fair to the guy . i think its totally unreasonable to expect Rg3 to be everything after that injury and that is his stated words he calls that an "excuse "

when healthy , he was a ROY , setting numerous NFL and team records , and leading us to our 1st division title since 1999 and a PB qb .

now after trying to come back early , going through some growing pangs , well, now the kid is garbage , tanneyhill is the new messiah and those draft picks would have vaulted us to 2 superbowl wins in 4 years

the same lame standard he is holding RG3 to i am applying here in melodramatic fashion

the giants game shows quite clearly that he can stand in the pocket , make reads and throw the ball very well when he is reasonably clean

what he is doing now is what a lot of young qbs do , rely on their best qualities when things break down and looking to run .

heck i was the guy saying our o/line isnt as bad as we think and that Rg3 was part of the issue he still is as far as sacks are concerned but the o/line isnt as good as i thought either

people say things out of frustration . i get that , but if its just "frustration " then why fall on your sword over a point being said over frustration .? . we have argued for days over RG3 and the trade . at what point does it turn to conviction and doesnt get pawned off as frustration ?

shark has a right to his opinion . he expressed it , but whether i choose to call it melodramatic or an over reaction what is the difference ? both , at its root are the same the difference is connotation

but if you are allowed to talk to me about RGme and post threads on who RG3 is going to throw under a bus after a game then you had better be able to accept that the cost of that opinion could mean that the word "melodramatic " could be used

now to set the record straight shark hasnt once uttered anything about his opinion being called melodramatic not once

i dont dislike shark , on the contrary i love the guy . i dont believe he hates me either . we just go at it hard because we are both hard corp fans that view redskins life differently

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, obviously there is knowledge and history that I'm not privy to. Nor is it my business. Just stating my thoughts on what I saw and read.

I'm simply suggesting that when debates get heated or there is obvious frustration with posters that have long time tenure on the board, an extra dose of care/lenience with language and responses, might be usefully applied, by ALL sides.

Do agree that OTT statements, purely made for shock value, should be met with the appropriate response.

Also, just for the record, I'm a gal, though I don't usually bother to correct the assumption of maledom,:rollseyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dad, obviously there is knowledge and history that I'm not privy to. Nor is it my business. Just stating my thoughts on what I saw and read.

I'm simply suggesting that when debates get heated or there is obvious frustration with posters that have long time tenure on the board, an extra dose of care/lenience with language and responses, might be usefully applied, by ALL sides.

Do agree that OTT statements, purely made for shock value, should be met with the appropriate response.

Also, just for the record, I'm a gal, though I don't usually bother to correct the assumption of maledom,:rollseyes:

LOL i think the pic of Gibbs threw me

there is a history and we have called each other names mostly stubborn old man etc .

shark and i clash but its no big deal

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skinsdad,

I think that you said it best a while ago on the ESPN forums. If we were having these same conversations in person at a bar (or similar) we would all probably laugh it off and shake hands in the end. Things have a way of getting communicated differently on a forum like this. In the end - it's all good - I have to believe that we are all just looking for this team to do well.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL i think the pic of Gibbs threw me

there is a history and we have called each other names mostly stubborn old man etc .

shark and i clash but its no big deal

Well there is a bit of stubborn in both of us, I will admit that.