• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Say What!?

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Smith of Bulls.com writes that Love will seriously consider opting out and has his eyes on a return to Los Angeles:

It’s not going to get as much discussion during the season, but one of the biggest issues for the Cavs is that both LeBron James and Kevin Love own opt outs after this season. LeBron James basically cannot afford to go anywhere after his return to Cleveland. But watch out for Love. Indications are he will seriously consider the opt out and has his eyes on a return to Los Angeles, where he attended college and where the Lakers long have had him on their free agent wish list.

Damn.jpg

Lol the media. Although who knows how bad things are there. If they shit the bed they i wouldnt doubt it.

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that would stink for the Cavs after they gave up two #1s for Love.

Maybe if the Cavs have a good run Love will want to stick it out and try to win a title in Cleveland. It would be a shame to make it to the ECF and then see him bolt.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said all summer long he is Dwight Howard jr.

If he doesn't like the coach nor his role in Cleveland, he is gone

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said all summer long he is Dwight Howard jr.

If he doesn't like the coach nor his role in Cleveland, he is gone

It doesn't sound like that is the case at all. It sounds like he would leave just to go back to LA rather than any issues with Cleveland.

Sounds like you are off base on this one, BK?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Bulls.com, writer for a division rival. Can you say stir the pot?

He probably just wants attention/name recognition. Never heard of him until this. Smart move by him speculating and making fake rumors up to get views. ESPN does it all the time.

He's also probably trying to cause a distraction for the Cavs... to give the Bulls an edge? Idk. lol

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't sound like that is the case at all. It sounds like he would leave just to go back to LA rather than any issues with Cleveland.

Sounds like you are off base on this one, BK?

I agree but everyone made it seem like a lock that he would resign in Cleveland for the max. He's the 3rd option in Cleveland. Can go home to LA & be the 2nd option on a contender

MrHoople

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but everyone made it seem like a lock that he would resign in Cleveland for the max. He's the 3rd option in Cleveland. Can go home to LA & be the 2nd option on a contender

Then he really would be like Dwight Howard going to LA to shag rebounds for the Kobester.

(you know Kobe won't retire after next season)

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is he really going to be a better option long term for the Lakers than Randle? I don't think you could play both of them and Randle may play both ways. Kobe's not going to last forever and do you want to build around Love (according to this rumor he sounds like he wants to be #1) after you saw where that leads in Minnesota?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking for anything to write about that isn't "LAL suck" or Kobe's albatross contract.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to see here

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't new news. But why would he want to go to the Lakers, looking at that roster? An aging Kobe? He'd be a fool to want to go there, and LAL would be foolish to want him. Who would be their leader post-Kobe? Love just isn't THAT guy.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he really going to be a better option long term for the Lakers than Randle? I don't think you could play both of them and Randle may play both ways. Kobe's not going to last forever and do you want to build around Love (according to this rumor he sounds like he wants to be #1) after you saw where that leads in Minnesota?

That's an interesting question and one that the Lakers were hoping to figure out this season: Is Randle the long term answer at PF? If so, then I don't think Love is a good fit. Both can basically only play the PF spot. Neither is big enough to play center. Maybe Randle can play a little 3. Maybe.

I'm not sure about this rumor anyway. Seems to be, as some have pointed out, a pot stirring rumor. Prior to be traded to Cleveland, we were told that Love gave a verbal commitment to resigning.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then he really would be like Dwight Howard going to LA to shag rebounds for the Kobester.

(you know Kobe won't retire after next season)

I'm leaning more towards he does based on what he's being saying so far this season.