• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Satisfied

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I would have liked them to leave Philidelphia with a 2-0 lead but I'm satisfied with 1-1. Think we have the pitching to take 2 of 3 in SF and split agin in PHI. Still can't complain about our SP. It was good in PHI. Pen was a little roughed up yesterday but that's going to happen over the course of a series. Here's hoping that Cain shuts them down tomorrow.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I would have liked them to leave Philidelphia with a 2-0 lead but I'm satisfied with 1-1. Think we have the pitching to take 2 of 3 in SF and split agin in PHI. Still can't complain about our SP. It was good in PHI. Pen was a little roughed up yesterday but that's going to happen over the course of a series. Here's hoping that Cain shuts them down tomorrow.

+1. Last night was a punch to the stomach for sure. However, big picture, the Giants split in a hostile environment against a very good team. Like you said, we'll have to win 2 out of 3 at home and then hope for a split again on the road.

If this team has shown us nothing else, they are very resilient.

EDIT: Also, Torres needs to drop that 40oz. bat.....

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, I would have taken a split too. But I'm not satisfied with how how Torres and Posey have looked at the plate. Seeing too many poor swings. And Torres, like we've all noted, looks over-matched.

Also, Fontenot at third is not the answer. Hope Uribe can play there for game three - with Rent at SS. Not a lot of options with the Torres situation vs. Hamels - either Rowand, or slide Ross to CF and go with Nate in RF. This might be the one game where Guillen's bat is missed.

Last edited by a moderator:

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Happy with the split but very disappointed with the offense. Seems to be a Ross and Burrell show at the moment. Torres does seem over matched. I can't believe I'm saying this - but I'd start Rowand tomorrow and give Torres the day off. He's not even getting good swings. Seems to be swinging through everything. Someone stated that he has 14 Ks in the 6 post season games. Also have to remember that we are facing some very good pitching and it's not going to get any easier. Tomorrow's game is huge. If we win I'm thinking that the Phils don't start Blanton Wednesday. If they lost the first 2 in SF that would mean they would have to beat Lincy to stay alive. Just don't think they would risk that. Even pitching Halladay in that situatuion is scary for them.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree. Happy with the split but very disappointed with the offense. Seems to be a Ross and Burrell show at the moment. Torres does seem over matched. I can't believe I'm saying this - but I'd start Rowand tomorrow and give Torres the day off. He's not even getting good swings. Seems to be swinging through everything. Someone stated that he has 14 Ks in the 6 post season games. Also have to remember that we are facing some very good pitching and it's not going to get any easier. Tomorrow's game is huge. If we win I'm thinking that the Phils don't start Blanton Wednesday. If they lost the first 2 in SF that would mean they would have to beat Lincy to stay alive. Just don't think they would risk that. Even pitching Halladay in that situatuion is scary for them.

I wouldn't freak out if Rowand got a start. I agree with your scenario should game three go our way. Man - would love to see philly having to scramble like that.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I would have taken a split too. But I'm not satisfied with how how Torres and Posey have looked at the plate. Seeing too many poor swings. And Torres, like we've all noted, looks over-matched.

Also, Fontenot at third is not the answer. Hope Uribe can play there for game three - with Rent at SS. Not a lot of options with the Torres situation vs. Hamels - either Rowand, or slide Ross to CF and go with Nate in RF. This might be the one game where Guillen's bat is missed.

Yeah, agreed. While the split was nice, there were some definite downers through the first two games as well. When the Giants had a 1-2-3 first inning, I joked with my buddy "hey that's ok, they just got through the worst part of our lineup".

Ya, I wonder what they'll do, leave Rent at Short and then play either Panda or Uribe at 3rd? If Uribe is good enough to go, put him at Short with Panda at 3rd? I also wouldn't mind Rowand playing CF against Hamels and then have Towers back in there against Blanton/Halladay.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a little worried that Jimmy Rollins's bat may have woken up. Also, obviously, everyone's worried about the offense. Other than that, you're right that as a Giants fan, you have to be satisfied with the split. Now we get three straight at home, where we play well and the Philly bats have historically not hit well. Here's hopin' that we win the next three and not have to make a return trip to Philly. Timmy for the clincher on Thursday!

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, agreed. While the split was nice, there were some definite downers through the first two games as well. When the Giants had a 1-2-3 first inning, I joked with my buddy "hey that's ok, they just got through the worst part of our lineup".

Ya, I wonder what they'll do, leave Rent at Short and then play either Panda or Uribe at 3rd? If Uribe is good enough to go, put him at Short with Panda at 3rd? I also wouldn't mind Rowand playing CF against Hamels and then have Towers back in there against Blanton/Halladay.

I'd love to see Panda get a chance. He's a difference maker when his bat is going good.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Panda get a chance. He's a difference maker when his bat is going good.

I wouldn't mind that one bit Robo. If Panda can just have 1 week of last years Panda, he's a difference maker for sure. Let's hope he can channel some of that old magic.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind that one bit Robo. If Panda can just have 1 week of last years Panda, he's a difference maker for sure. Let's hope he can channel some of that old magic.

I'm starting to think that it's kind of a no-brainer to start Panda. I read on the other board that he is 3 for 9 with a HR against Hamels. If Uribe can go, I think that you stick him at short. A big part of Bochy's job is to maximize the contributions by his players by taking the right risks. Starting Panda is worth the gamble, IMO, because of the potential reward and the minimal risk (Fontenot has not been better defensively or offensively, and Rent has a torn bicep).