• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sather's press conference

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched his press conference on the Callahan trade and I never heard more B.S. in my life. Saying how the future is bright ( somehow even though we didn't get prospects and gave up high picks) and how the no trade Callahan wanted was the tipping point he couldn't include that (yet just 2 days ago he gave one to Girardi. So I guess an OK defenseman is more valuable then the captain of his team.) I cant wait until Sather retires.

inthecrease

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sather and all his cronies need to GO>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
a complete travesty,,,,,such a bullshiter. Once he leaves, fans will
realize he's left the Ranger organization will little talent.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact of the matter is, Callahan has vanished in this system, whereas Girardi has not. How is that so hard to understand? Pay Callahan 6.5M a season, and by the end of the year and next year, see how much you regret it. Let him go to Vancouver in the off-season and flourish under Torts and his defensive system again. Cally's time here was done. Time to move on, it's a business, fans need to stop taking it personally.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact of the matter is, Callahan has vanished in this system, whereas Girardi has not. How is that so hard to understand? Pay Callahan 6.5M a season, and by the end of the year and next year, see how much you regret it. Let him go to Vancouver in the off-season and flourish under Torts and his defensive system again. Cally's time here was done. Time to move on, it's a business, fans need to stop taking it personally.

Some honesty from the organization would be nice. Its not like Girardi has been a shut down D-man. But the more I think about it I think this was more an AV move like the Del Zotto trade was. Also this move in no way helps the future like he said.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DZ trade was a good trade, he sucks. Klein has been so much better than him.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The DZ trade was a good trade, he sucks. Klein has been so much better than him.

That is a whole different discussion. Point was AV probably wanted him gone because AV doesnt preach the things that Cally does well.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a whole different discussion. Point was AV probably wanted him gone because AV doesnt preach the things that Cally does well.

So why pay him the money? You wanna pay him for what he did in the past, rather than what he has become and will be?

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why pay him the money? You wanna pay him for what he did in the past, rather than what he has become and will be?

I didn't like the trade more then just giving up Cally, it was the whole deal. I think they gave up too much for 1 player when this team is more then one player from winning a cup especially a player that is so old. Also this team already had a hard time playing against teams like Boston and getting rid of Cally is not going to help with matching the toughness these teams have.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't like the trade more then just giving up Cally, it was the whole deal. I think they gave up too much for 1 player when this team is more then one player from winning a cup especially a player that is so old. Also this team already had a hard time playing against teams like Boston and getting rid of Cally is not going to help with matching the toughness these teams have.

I understand that, I do. But, you don't make it this year, you add in the offseason, this deal gives us a 2-3 year window to win it all. Just add accordingly

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that, I do. But, you don't make it this year, you add in the offseason, this deal gives us a 2-3 year window to win it all. Just add accordingly

Well hopefully it works out but I think this team is further away from being a top contender then you think.