• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: SAS@ Dubs 3/22 edition 730p pst tip off

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JO should back tonight, but still no AI#9, DUbs have lost 50 out of last 58 regular season games vs SAS, per Rusty @ SFgate

I'm not expecting too much tonight, hopefully DUbs keep it competitive, maybe POP will rest the big 3 and give us a chance.

This looks like a 2nd match up in the playoffs, Dubs squeeze this out 100-92?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DUBS!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing the Dubs have going for them is that the Spurs are on the back end of a back to back. Since the Spurs, playing only their scrubs, came in here earlier in the season and dominated the Warriors, I'm not sure that matters much though.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Blazers are getting throttled in Charlotte, so a Ws win would bring them within one loss of the 5 seed.

Of course, this guarantees they'll lose now...

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a win to be a half a game behind the blazers lets do this!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a win to be a half a game behind the blazers lets do this!

They'd be a game back in the loss column, which is the only column that matters. If they lose, they'll be two back, not "one and a half." There are no half games in the loss column.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'd be a game back in the loss column, which is the only column that matters. If they lose, they'll be two back, not "one and a half." There are no half games in the loss column.

Still counts either way

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop is somewhere chuckling at the warriors offense just utterly horrible

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs arrived in Oakland on the tail end of a back-to-back, with Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in street clothes. It didn’t matter. David Lee had as many turnovers as field goals (5). Stephen Curry coughed the ball up one more time than he was able to put it in the basket (6 vs. 5). Some flashes from Klay Thompson and nice bench contributions from Jermaine O’Neal and Draymond Green helped the Warriors climb back after a huge early deficit, but it was only a matter of time before the Spurs’ system wore them down once again.

They lost what should have been a winnable game — even in Iguodala’s absence — given the Spurs’ back-to-back schedule and decision to rest two of their stars. And they didn’t just lose the game. David Lee went to the locker room with a strained hamstring. Andrew Bogut hobbled off the court in the middle of the fourth quarter and spent time on the bench rubbing and flexing his ankle. The prospect of entering the season’s final 11 games with their entire starting front-court injured is not a pleasant one. Losses like this one make the team feel an awful lot like a one-and-done candidate in the playoffs, when the games will inevitably slow down and opponents’ defenses will tighten up. The Warriors need more production from more of their team, and Mark Jackson hasn’t found a way to get it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Th Spurs are very impressive. It was nice to see the Warriors weather that storm in the first half and come back to take a short-lived 3rd quarter lead. Couple of things I noticed is that Curry turns the ball over way too much and they don't have the ball movement they need. I don't think I even saw Lee or Crawford pass the ball one time in the front court.

Watching the Spurs move the ball is a thing of beauty and the Warriors lack of ball movement is really glaring when up against San Antonio. That team is just relentless. No matter what you do they just keep on playing their game and eventually it wears the opposition down.

The Warriors seem like the same type of team as the Spurs; a bunch of athletic guys led by an excellent point guard. They did play a Spurs-like game earlier in the year against the Clippers where the passing and ball movement was beautiful and they defeated the Clips easily. I'm not sure why they can't play like that all the time; perhaps they just don't want to or perhaps its easier said than done.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why this team will never move the ball when it's stagnant. This team is at it's best when moving the ball and they never did.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why this team will never move the ball when it's stagnant. This team is at it's best when moving the ball and they never did.

Amen!