• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sandoval may be on the trading block

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR's Larry Krueger said that the Panda may be on the trading block. Giants might be tired of all the weight problems. Maybe Sabean is putting that out there to light a fire under Pablo.

Giants interested in another Cuban player named Guerrero to play 2nd or 3rd base. He is supposed to be good and has some pop.

Stay tuned.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander Guerrero was rumored to be very close to a $30M+ deal with the dodgers, but then he changed agents (Boras, ugh) and everything started over.

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR's Larry Krueger said that the Panda may be on the trading block. Giants might be tired of all the weight problems. Maybe Sabean is putting that out there to light a fire under Pablo.

Giants interested in another Cuban player named Guerrero to play 2nd or 3rd base. He is supposed to be good and has some pop.

Stay tuned.

Seems that quite a few SF papers and other baseball media (internet which is useless) also feel he may be on the block as well. Some are quoting that he is close to 60lbs over weight and most feel he will never win the weight battle. It's a shame because he's entering his prime years as a hitter (27-32)! But many feel that his career will be shorten by his weight problems. Some are predicting that he may have real issues by the time he turns 30.

Then again there was this fat guy named Ruth that Boston traded .... that didn't workout too well ...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alexander Guerrero was rumored to be very close to a $30M+ deal with the dodgers, but then he changed agents (Boras, ugh) and everything started over.

Another $30 million by the Dodgers? Can't wait to see what Kershaw gets when the time comes. Maybe they are shooting for $300 million

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another $30 million by the Dodgers? Can't wait to see what Kershaw gets when the time comes. Maybe they are shooting for $300 million

I'm guessing the 30+ mil is for multiple years, not a per season amount. And there is not doubt in my mind that Kershaw will become a 30 mil per season pitcher. The question is for how long? Will the bums sign him for 5+ seasons at that rate?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing the 30+ mil is for multiple years, not a per season amount. And there is not doubt in my mind that Kershaw will become a 30 mil per season pitcher. The question is for how long? Will the bums sign him for 5+ seasons at that rate?

I believe the deal he had in place with the dogs was a 5/32, IIRC.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know the $30 mil is for multiple years. Just seems like the Dodgers are a part of every Free Agent rumor and if Kershaw's contract gets to $30 mill, they sure are making a run for it.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KNBR's Larry Krueger said that the Panda MAY be on the trading block. Giants MIGHT be tired of all the weight problems. MAYBE Sabean is putting that out there to light a fire under Pablo.

Stay tuned.

It's a certainty, now. See ya, :panda:, you've been a good Giant.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If KNBR is reporting this, then they are just looking for something to talk about. There isn't much to talk about while the playoffs are still going on and nobody in the Bay Area wants to hear anything about the playoffs anyway. This is like the worst final four possible. If KNBR starts talking about the playoffs everybody is just going to turn it off, so they spark up base-less trade rumors about a popular player to keep people interested.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that quite a few SF papers and other baseball media (internet which is useless) also feel he may be on the block as well. Some are quoting that he is close to 60lbs over weight and most feel he will never win the weight battle. It's a shame because he's entering his prime years as a hitter (27-32)! But many feel that his career will be shorten by his weight problems. Some are predicting that he may have real issues by the time he turns 30.

Then again there was this fat guy named Ruth that Boston traded .... that didn't workout too well ...

Ruth was Mr. Olympia compared to Sandoval.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the hot dogs, beer and sex diet that kept the Babe in hitting shape.

Pablo's got the first one covered, and maybe the second...should we make sure he gets more female companionship?