• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: San Jose Sharks @ Los Angeles Kings

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I waited five months for this?? Same problems as last year: can't convert when have the chance, pp sucks badly, bonehead mistakes lead to goals, and some shaky goaltending.

Thank heavens it's a long season, but this looks awfully familiar.

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wouldn't say shaky goaltending when the D (muzzin) keeps coughing up glorious chances for the other team. I am just waiting for him to score on Quick

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense not good
Lucic not good and gets a 5 and a game penalty
Brown and Greene with late hits.
Sharks fans think Brown head butted but to me it looked like hands in the chest
First game of the season and Kings lose it as usual

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lucic really got a match penalty? That might be the first time I've seen that called. He's probably facing discipline. Possibly Brown and Greene too.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Lucic really got a match penalty? That might be the first time I've seen that called. He's probably facing discipline. Possibly Brown and Greene too.
I think Lucic sits next game
Greene was a late hit so nothing much more.
Brown is the one I don't know.
Late hit, but according to Brown he was standing still when the hit was made. If he used his hands into the chest and their helmets just bumped he should be okay. It the league feels the head was the primary point of contact Brown will sit for at least 5 games

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal, that's all I have to say.

Lucic will be suspended next game, that is an automatic when a match penalty is assessed, until his hearing. Personally I don't think it was worth more than a rough. Match Penalties can be appealed, I would hope the Kings do that for Lucic so it isn't on his record this season and if not I don't expect him to be out more than the 1 game.

The referee deemed Lucic had the intent to injure Fivel, which is why it was assessed. He did skate all the way across the ice to confront him, I can see why the ref would think that but basically apart from your typical roughing I didn't see anything too violent.

Back to the game, I would criticize Muffin but he was no worse than anyone else really. The whole team looke bad, better clean this act up and fast.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lucic sits next game
Greene was a late hit so nothing much more.
Brown is the one I don't know.
Late hit, but according to Brown he was standing still when the hit was made. If he used his hands into the chest and their helmets just bumped he should be okay. It the league feels the head was the primary point of contact Brown will sit for at least 5 games
Brutal, that's all I have to say.

Lucic will be suspended next game, that is an automatic when a match penalty is assessed, until his hearing. Personally I don't think it was worth more than a rough. Match Penalties can be appealed, I would hope the Kings do that for Lucic so it isn't on his record this season and if not I don't expect him to be out more than the 1 game.

The referee deemed Lucic had the intent to injure Fivel, which is why it was assessed. He did skate all the way across the ice to confront him, I can see why the ref would think that but basically apart from your typical roughing I didn't see anything too violent.

Back to the game, I would criticize Muffin but he was no worse than anyone else really. The whole team looke bad, better clean this act up and fast.
No further discipline for either. Both can play in next game. Match penalty only means suspended until NHL reviews it and they ruled that no further penalty will be handed down.
Jon Rosen ‏@lakingsinsider 2h2 hours ago
No further discipline for Brown/Lucic. Hockey ops spoke with the league and will talk to the players regarding the call.