• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Jose Arena question

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its kinda of stupid, but should the arena re configure the benches once playoffs start? It seems like a lot of arenas have that middle space between the benches for a ice level action broadcaster. I thought it was stupid on how they had Daren Pang standing on a platform during a few games.

Reminded me of a human pinata!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its kinda of stupid, but should the arena re configure the benches once playoffs start? It seems like a lot of arenas have that middle space between the benches for a ice level action broadcaster. I thought it was stupid on how they had Daren Pang standing on a platform during a few games.

Reminded me of a human pinata!

I'm not sure if they ever made the benches bigger when they did those upgrades a few years back, but I know at one point the road bench was so small that the backup goalie had to sit on the other side of the ice near the locker room entrance because there wasn't any room on the bench. It seems like they couldn't add that break in between the benches (which is useless anyway IMO) without taking seats away, and I don't see that happening.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if they ever made the benches bigger when they did those upgrades a few years back, but I know at one point the road bench was so small that the backup goalie had to sit on the other side of the ice near the locker room entrance because there wasn't any room on the bench. It seems like they couldn't add that break in between the benches (which is useless anyway IMO) without taking seats away, and I don't see that happening.

I think the backup goalie still sits on the opposite side.

Also, based on where the runway is that leads to the sharks locker room, I don't think there is space to put the announcer between the benches. Pangers just gonna have to stand, or they are gonna have to get a taller announcer!