• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Salary Cap 133M

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salary cap expected to make nearly $10M jump in 2014 - NFL.com

This will certainly help the Rams and other cap strapped teams.

Rams should still look to release or lower the cap number on Finnegan, Wells and Dahl even with the extra wiggle room.

Resigning Saffold looks even better now ( unless he wants too much money ).

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see them sign 1 of the big name safeties or cornerbacks

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put his resigning at about a 10% chance. I'm sure the rams are thinking why pay Saffold big time money when he is so injury prone when they can get Robinson for pretty cheap for the next 4 years. Robinson would be Saffold replacement an elite guard that can play tackle when needed and eventually take over for Long.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen rumors of $135M as well. The higher the better!

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I put his resigning at about a 10% chance. I'm sure the rams are thinking why pay Saffold big time money when he is so injury prone when they can get Robinson for pretty cheap for the next 4 years. Robinson would be Saffold replacement an elite guard that can play tackle when needed and eventually take over for Long.

because that creates another hole. Saffold will probably stay healthy at Guard and I think the Rams know that. He would always get injured in space for some reason. Also Jones is a ? at this point. We don't know if he's going to be playing C or Guard atm. So why create another hole when there's no need to. And who's to say Robinson isn't the next Jason Smith. By no means am I saying he's going to bust but you never really know.

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but if they had no desire to franchise Saffold at 10m that means that he wont get anywhere CLOSE to that in an offer from us. Someone like Miami, who is DESPARATE for O line help will over pay for a guy like Saffold... he is as good as gone.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but if they had no desire to franchise Saffold at 10m that means that he wont get anywhere CLOSE to that in an offer from us. Someone like Miami, who is DESPARATE for O line help will over pay for a guy like Saffold... he is as good as gone.

well if it's around 133 mil then we could. But I doubt we do. There will be other serviceable Guards in FA that will come much cheaper that don't have health issues. The problem is Saffold could be an all pro Guard if he stays healthy. I wouldn't mind tagging him, we don't have to Franchise tag him either we could place a transition tag on him to gauge how much other teams are willing to give him and then go off that. I think in the end it would be smart in doing so if we really want to keep him around.

I agree with Miami too. A bunch of trade rumors are coming out today (from Jason La****fup) with talks of Miami wanting to trade Wallace and D Jordan..........dumb team.

icefreeze57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the cap gets bigger each year. ESPN said it'll be $150M in 2015 which is one of the reasons I'm confused about on the "We gotta draft Clownley to drop Long because of cap issues" argument.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well if it's around 133 mil then we could. But I doubt we do. There will be other serviceable Guards in FA that will come much cheaper that don't have health issues. The problem is Saffold could be an all pro Guard if he stays healthy. I wouldn't mind tagging him, we don't have to Franchise tag him either we could place a transition tag on him to gauge how much other teams are willing to give him and then go off that. I think in the end it would be smart in doing so if we really want to keep him around.

I agree with Miami too. A bunch of trade rumors are coming out today (from Jason La****fup) with talks of Miami wanting to trade Wallace and D Jordan..........dumb team.

If they can get decent return for Wallace, they should do it (never liked that signing, he's too one-dimensional). DJordan is a tougher read, as he is still very raw and needs some time and development.