• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sad offseason

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been such a bizarre and saddened offseason thus far for the NHL. My gosh. Wade Belak took his own life a few days ago. That's three NHL enforcers in just over three months. Unbelievable. I'm just curious if the NHL changes the rules or anything else? I believe these three guys suffered from depression. I get that. However, I wonder if any of this has to do with the roles they played on a daily basis? Fighting and taking blows to the head every game may contribute? Who knows? Just unfortunate to hear this.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've had some pretty good conversations on this topic over on the main page lately and I couldn't agree more, it's terrible.

My "take" on suicides isn't what people want to read about, so to avoid the hell storm that will follow...I won't be airing my views on the subject anytime soon.

The one thing I will say is that it is very sad.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sympathy for suicide. But yes, it is a very sad offseason. However I do not attribute that to fighting in hockey. Its the lack of discipline in the NHL for cheap shot artists and repeat offenders. The enforcer role is indeed a joke, but this is not due to fighting.