• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sad news today

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read this in the paper this morning, I hate to hear this kind of news.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prudence also is a virtue that dictates holding one's tongue instead of speaking evil:

"Right Reason Applied to Practice":

Aristotle was closer to the truth. As the Catholic Encyclopedia notes, he defined prudence as recta ratio agibilium, "right reason applied to practice." The emphasis on "right" is important. We cannot simply make a decision and then describe it as a "prudential judgment." Prudence requires us to distinguish between what is right and what is wrong. Thus, as Father Hardon writes, "It is the intellectual virtue whereby a human being recognizes in any matter at hand what is good and what is evil." If we mistake the evil for the good, we are not exercising prudence—in fact, we are showing our lack of it.

Research the virtue further it will be well worth your time.

Really? Virtue? Nobody is virtuous. We are all faulty people in different ways. I speak my mind whether it could be considered politically incorrect, insensitive, or down right mean. I have never and will never mince words. If people read between the lines or do not like what I said I guess that is their decision to make. I wish no ill will on the man's family. I do however think he is a worthless FBC who should have never gotten the job he did. If those two things do not go together. Oh well. I said what I said and will not backpedal from it.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not into catholic virtues. But that was a very good obscure reference to a Catholic Friar and his writings.