• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sad but True

SportsTIPS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Lack of effort raises concern about the team willing to perform under this coach. Was this Todd M. Last game behind the sharks benched? I say no, but Doug W. sould have a short leash on Todd. This Shark team has proved after this game they don't TRUST the coach, and its better now than later. If the Sharks lose all three games on this road trip, Todd is packing his bags.

If Doug W. waits too long to pull the plug on Todd, then Doug can follow Todd out the door also. Clearly Doug's offseason moves have all been busts, and the lack of forward depth has hurt this team.

This team needs new direction, and the clock is ticking........

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug has always put the blame on the players and has made it clear that Todd has his support and he believes that Todd has done everything he possibly can to get this team over the hump and that he has done it the right way. However, Dougie's hands have to be tied a bit here. The idea of bringing in a new coach has to be creeping into his mind. Ultimately, I think Doug will fire McLellan at some point this season (not as early as your prediction), if the Sharks haven't lived up to expectations. Whether he uses it as a motivational tool or if he believes that there is someone out there that can do a better job, I don't know. As sad and hopeless as this sounds, with this current lineup and their demeanor, I don't believe there is a coach out there that can get this team to the Stanley Cup finals. The only guy that I would have considered, just led his team to 1-0 victory over us last night.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Sharks making a coaching change during the holidays. I just want to know who is going to make the first move.

-Coach benching a Top Player
-Coach change
-Trade

*maybe Doug Wilson will be the coach.

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol yeah definitely not Randy Carlyle. Like I said earlier, I would have chosen Ken Hitchcock, he's a no non-sense type of guy that could light a fire under these bums asses. Just look what he's done in St. Louis. But with Hitch off the market and IF management decides to fire McLellan, I'd like for them to take a look at Bob Hartley. Hartley has won a cup and in my mind did an admirable job leading Atlanta to their first playoff berth in franchise history. I'm not 100% sure if Hartley is looking for a return to the NHL but if he is, he is my number one choice.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
as much as i am not a tmac fan, a trade will come first. I think a trade was the plan all along. We have had multimillion cap space since day 1 and he didnt add to the 3rd line in the offseason with the clear intent of doing it midyear. there are some teams that are already sellers.

The big questions for me is will the trade be a little one (like the moen/huskins type) or a big one (like the jumbo/heater/boyle type). guys like bobby ryan have had their names thrown around. i would love any one of the big 3 in anaheim but some other big names are out there...

MacJ88

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobby Ryan would be an amazing acquisition but I think we used and some would say "wasted" our biggest trading chips in the Brent Burns trade. No Charlie Coyle and having already given away a first round pick, I'm not sure what kind of package D Wil could offer that could be attractive to the Ducks. That goes for every other team that has a player like Ryan available. I get the feeling if a big trade goes down, one of the core players heads will roll, like a big name for a big name. It's hard to say if the Sharks can even trade one of their big names, Boyle, Marleau, and Thornton all have no trade clauses but I'm thinking if Doug Wilson wanted to shake the team up a bit, Marleau would be the one sent packing. This may sound far-fetched but Eric Staal is having a bit of a rough go in Carolina right now, as is the team as a whole. If Dougie could dangle Marleau as the center piece of a package to reel in Staal, I'd shat myself. Highly unlikely, I know, just throwin out some ideas.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
as much as i am not a tmac fan, a trade will come first. I think a trade was the plan all along. We have had multimillion cap space since day 1 and he didnt add to the 3rd line in the offseason with the clear intent of doing it midyear. there are some teams that are already sellers.

The big questions for me is will the trade be a little one (like the moen/huskins type) or a big one (like the jumbo/heater/boyle type). guys like bobby ryan have had their names thrown around. i would love any one of the big 3 in anaheim but some other big names are out there...

It was confirmed that Dougie tried to sign Jagr and Vrbata this offseason and allegedly Gange as well. Picking up someone mid-season seems to be plan B with Sheppard being a last resort if no one can be aquired.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Tampa has put Miettinen on waivers after signing him from Europe. He's a PKer with speed and a bit of scoring ability.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If doguie tried to get these guys, why did he fail? jagr, I get. but gagne preferred LA? Vrbata wanted to stay in Phoenix? I dunno the source of that, but i find it somewhat doubtful that dougie really went after those guys.

Dougie has pursued a mid-year or deadline deal pretty much every single year since he arrived. Guerin, soupy, moen, hunskins, Jumbo, wellfed, eager, White, and on and on were all midyear or deadline moves. I fully expect a deal coming within a month or two as dougie is still likely looking to build for PO success and the longer he waits the more players will likely become available and the more cap space he'll have. There will be news sometime in the next month or two I would expect.

Sadly, despite the obvious failures in coaching special teams, 60 minute efforts and the like, tmac is not going anywhere.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If doguie tried to get these guys, why did he fail? jagr, I get. but gagne preferred LA? Vrbata wanted to stay in Phoenix? I dunno the source of that, but i find it somewhat doubtful that dougie really went after those guys.

Dougie has pursued a mid-year or deadline deal pretty much every single year since he arrived. Guerin, soupy, moen, hunskins, Jumbo, wellfed, eager, White, and on and on were all midyear or deadline moves. I fully expect a deal coming within a month or two as dougie is still likely looking to build for PO success and the longer he waits the more players will likely become available and the more cap space he'll have. There will be news sometime in the next month or two I would expect. I think that coaching is only a small problem on this team. A lot of coaches look great when they're surrounded by talent.

Sadly, despite the obvious failures in coaching special teams, 60 minute efforts and the like, tmac is not going anywhere.

Vrbata actually confirmed that the Sharks offered him a higher contract than the Coyotes did, but he wanted to remain in Phoenix. He sounds like he got intimidated by FA and other teams when he had such a miserable experience with Tampa Bay (the Melrose year).

I never heard Gagne's camp confirm the Sharks were after him, but he does have a lot of Philadelphia ties down there in LA. So this one, I'm unsure of. I also never heard Jagr's camp confirm, but that could be the case.

As for coaching, I wouldn't make a change only because I don't think that there's anybody better out there. Carlyle sure looked good until he lost his two HOF defensemen.....now he got fired after being re-upped for 3 years. In my humble opinion, the Sharks need someone with a proven track record who is also a hard ass (ala Tortorella or Babcock.....and yes, I know they aren't available). I don't think that person is currently out there. Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau need constant kicks in the ass. They just aren't self motivators.

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa has put Miettinen on waivers after signing him from Europe. He's a PKer with speed and a bit of scoring ability.

That would be awesome as it would be low risk, high reward (ala Wellfed). Maybe Marty Havlat and Brent Burns can sway DWil to put in a claim.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Dougie has pursued a mid-year or deadline deal pretty much every single year since he arrived. Guerin, soupy, moen, hunskins, Jumbo, wellfed, eager, White, and on and on were all midyear or deadline moves. I fully expect a deal coming within a month or two as dougie is still likely looking to build for PO success and the longer he waits the more players will likely become available and the more cap space he'll have. There will be news sometime in the next month or two I would expect.

Jagr's agent said that San Jose was a surprise late entry trying to sign him and made a more then competitive offer but Jagr liked the fit in Philly. According to Vrbata himself the Sharks offered more money anually and a year longer contract but he wanted to stay with Phoenix and Gagne said Mike Richards was the deciding factor for him choosing LA.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but why isn't our coach treading in deep water right now? We are up only 1 game on the struggling kings on a deeper veteran roster. That means we were behind them and struggled to pass them. And their coach is on the way out so I'm shocked the media hasn't attacked the Sharks as well. I say Tmac will very soon be in trouble if the team doesn't show signs of significant improvement 10 games from now.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:confused2:
Would enjoy this move, but we all know how much Dougie Boy loves Euros on the roster

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Per Puckhead on the Main NHL board, looks like Winnipeg may have claimed him (but nothing confirmed). It looks like Tampa signed him to a 2 year, $1.5mil per deal (prorated for this year) with a NMC.

:sadface:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Per Puckhead on the Main NHL board, looks like Winnipeg may have claimed him (but nothing confirmed). It looks like Tampa signed him to a 2 year, $1.5mil per deal (prorated for this year) with a NMC.

:sadface:

TSN is confriming Winnipeg claimed him. Oh well.