• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryder Cup Team Finalized.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see this team just getting run over. Not a real closer in the bunch other than Cantlay and possibly Johnson but he's not on his game. Finau and Schauffle are two of the biggest chokers in the game, Speith has won one tournament in 5 years, Scheffler contends but never closes. Koepka used to close but hasn't done a thing other than that lucky pitch shot that went in and won the Phoenix Open last year, Morikawa can't figure out his putting, Thomas is OK, I suppose, DeChambeau flies off his rocker every time a fan says something.
I just don't see these guys having the guts or grit to beat out the Euros. It was a mistake not to add Reed and Na.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That european team doesn’t have the talent level of the US team but they have gritty closers and the US team has a lot of guys who choke even in regular events. This event will be the same. Might not be close

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual, we look good on paper. It shouldn't be close. But unfortunately they have to actually play the matches. I love this event but I never get my hopes up.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That european team doesn’t have the talent level of the US team but they have gritty closers and the US team has a lot of guys who choke even in regular events. This event will be the same. Might not be close

It's not even close. 10 guys on our team are ranked higher than every man on theirs aside from Jon Rahm. I disagree with your "choke" characterization, though. But we always seem to underachieve in this event.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even close. 10 guys on our team are ranked higher than every man on theirs aside from Jon Rahm. I disagree with your "choke" characterization, though. But we always seem to underachieve in this event.
When you got assholes like Koepka saying he doesn't want to be there it doesn't help. The lack of teamwork by these guys is terrible. I wonder if its because most of these guys have never played team sports.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you got assholes like Koepka saying he doesn't want to be there it doesn't help. The lack of teamwork by these guys is terrible. I wonder if its because most of these guys have never played team sports.

You may be on to something, because the "team" aspect has always been a weak spot for our side. 1-on-1 they're fine. But four-ball and especially foursomes have often been a problem. The Europeans get it. Our guys struggle with it for some reason.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be on to something, because the "team" aspect has always been a weak spot for our side. 1-on-1 they're fine. But four-ball and especially foursomes have often been a problem. The Europeans get it. Our guys struggle with it for some reason.
This epitomizes it for me. In an interview with Koepka he said "I won my match, leave me alone" and Sergio said "I don't care if I go oh and 5 in my matches as long as we win"

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Euros fan here - I think you all covered it. US team looks frightening on paper. Maybe some of the new young players bring a new positive vibe to the team this year.

Anyone been to practice rounds in years past and got any advice? We're going to be at Whistling Straits next Wednesday.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Euros fan here - I think you all covered it. US team looks frightening on paper. Maybe some of the new young players bring a new positive vibe to the team this year.

Anyone been to practice rounds in years past and got any advice? We're going to be at Whistling Straits next Wednesday.
Lucky you. I would love to go

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice. We attended the Wednesday session when it was at Oakland Hills in 2004 and I'm still considering going to one of the rounds this week seeing it's as close as it is... it's just a 3 hour drive and then the ferry across Lake Michigan. Nobody else I know is interested, though. The crowds were not that bad given it was a practice session when I attended. Tiger's group was the only one it was difficult to get close to.

One thing that was striking to me was how accommodating and crowd-friendly the European guys were and how the Americans were not. The Europeans were all signing autographs and chatting with the crowds... I mean it was just a Wed. practice session so why not do some shmoozing with the fans who pay the bills? But the Americans were not, aside from an occasional wave to the crowd.. they were acting as if it was Sunday and the match was on the line. They seemed tight. I took that as a bad sign. Never been to Whistling Straits but I hear it can be a bit difficult from a spectator's perspective. Enjoy!

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice. We attended the Wednesday session when it was at Oakland Hills in 2004 and I'm still considering going to one of the rounds this week seeing it's as close as it is... it's just a 3 hour drive and then the ferry across Lake Michigan. Nobody else I know is interested, though. The crowds were not that bad given it was a practice session when I attended. Tiger's group was the only one it was difficult to get close to.

One thing that was striking to me was how accommodating and crowd-friendly the European guys were and how the Americans were not. The Europeans were all signing autographs and chatting with the crowds... I mean it was just a Wed. practice session so why not do some shmoozing with the fans who pay the bills? But the Americans were not, aside from an occasional wave to the crowd.. they were acting as if it was Sunday and the match was on the line. They seemed tight. I took that as a bad sign. Never been to Whistling Straits but I hear it can be a bit difficult from a spectator's perspective. Enjoy!
I saw an episode on golf channel were Bernhard Langer said the openness and interaction with the crowd was a planned thing by him to help get more of the crowd on the Euro side. Pretty crafty. For this event I think it will be a lopsided win again for the Euros

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Instead of having great big game players you have guys like Jordan Speith is is the embodiment of a choker in these events. Dude is 0-6 and 0 in singles matches in the Ryder Cup and President’s Cup events

StuUKWI

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were at Whistling Straits yesterday. The Euros were noticeably more relaxed and having fun than the Americans.

Koepka doesn’t look fit to me - seemed like his back was bothering him. I can’t see him playing more than one session a day.

I think the US will win. That talent gap is just too big in my opinion.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw an episode on golf channel were Bernhard Langer said the openness and interaction with the crowd was a planned thing by him to help get more of the crowd on the Euro side. Pretty crafty. For this event I think it will be a lopsided win again for the Euros

The Europeans ALWAYS appear to be much looser and relaxed. What they did this year was a perfect example.. donning Green Bay Packer colors and cheesehead hats and then tossing them to the crowd. That was great stuff and it helps take the nasty edge off the crowd that will be mostly US fans.

I won't be shocked if the US loses but the US team has a lot more talent than the Europeans, so I will be surprised if the US gets blown out.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Europeans ALWAYS appear to be much looser and relaxed. What they did this year was a perfect example.. donning Green Bay Packer colors and cheesehead hats and then tossing them to the crowd. That was great stuff and it helps take the nasty edge off the crowd that will be mostly US fans.

I won't be shocked if the US loses but the US team has a lot more talent than the Europeans, so I will be surprised if the US gets blown out.
I don’t think it will be a blowout but I don’t think the outcome will be in doubt come Sunday. I really do think the euros live playing as a team and really feel like a team and I don’t think the U.S. does but maybe the young guys can turn that around. I can’t wait to watch

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching Thomas choke on the first hole of the first match tells me all I need to know. Missed a five footer by a mile and a half