• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Callahan, Anthony DeAngelo & RFA's

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan Callahan underwent successful hip surgery and the recovery time is 5 months so Cally is unable to participate in the Hockey World Cup and will likely miss the 1st month of the season. A great way to start the season missing one of your key forwards.

What surprised me at the weekend was the trading of Anthony DeAngelo to Arizona for a 2nd round pick which they used on defenseman Libor Hajek. Now Hajek is a prospect who the Lightning had their eye on but still you used a 1st round pick on DeAngelo and moved him for a 2nd round prospect. DeAngelo was a health scratch six times in Syracuse last year which is quite alarming considering he's a prized prospect but the trading of DeAngelo was rumoured to be a mutual agreement. DeAngelo wanted a quicker route to the NHL and therefore the bolts granted his wish and moved him and got a pick which turned into a prospect who they liked. I was looking forward to see the progression of DeAngelo as many felt he was going to be the next Dan Boyle as we haven't had a true offensive defenseman since Boyle left in 2008, I guess we will have to wait a little longer.

The Lightning issued 7 qualifying offers to Yanni Gourde, Tye McGinn, Kristers Gudlevskis, Alex Killorn, Nikita Kucherov, Vladislav Namestinkov and Nikita Nestrov. Following this the club re-signed Tye McGinn and Matt Taormina to one year deals. One player who didn't receive an qualifying offer was Brett Connolly of the Bruins who will now become an UFA on July 1. I had so much hope for Connolly but he's just not worked out and just think the bolts got two 2nd round picks for Connolly from Boston so that's another deal Yzerman won.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee I thought Connolly played pretty well for the Bruins
But I guess they didn't think so. Stevie should offer him a
million and see if he would come back.